Wife not interested in AR15

pilpens

I am OK with my wife not liking to shoot the long guns. Being right handed and left eye dominant, she says that rifle shooting (not benched using the right eye to aim) feels a little awkward.
She can be a ammo hog when she shoots handguns. She can burn 9mms like they were .22LRs.

ddc

I'm afraid to let my wife shoot my AR15.
I've let her shoot several of my handguns and now they belong to her.

xjz

My wife shot my AR and doesn't like her handgun anymore. I also had to build me a new AR as the old one was now hers.

btmj

My wife enjoyed shooting my AR a lot, but thought it was too heavy. Actually it is pretty heavy. It is a Rock River with an HBAR barrel, and a heavy half-tube, half quad-rail free float hand guard.... And I put a Nikon scope on it... All said it weighs 9.5 lb with a magazine.

So I bought her a SW MP-15 OR. It weighed 6.0 lb out of the box. Even with a set of MBUS sights, an Eotech, and a magazine, it still weighs just 7.5 lb, and she loves it.

NWCP

My wife wasn't interested in an AR either. She now owns her own. It's a Stag Arms Model 8 with a 3-6x40 Leupold on it. It isn't pink though. She's old school when it comes to firearms. Same with her pistols. No girly stuff for her when it comes to firearms. :rolleyes: