Wife not interested in AR15

KMAX

Took my non-shooting wife to the range today to shoot a new 38Sp I bought for her(at her request). Took my AR15 along. She said she wasn't much interested in shooting it but would give it a try. After the 10th mag, she said it was hurting her shoulder.:D:D I guess she didn't like it.:confused::rolleyes: She shot pretty good after she figured out how to use the sights.

Theohazard

You should be happy she's not interested. I had a buddy who bought a 6920 and his wife ended up loving it. At first he was happy about that, but then they started fighting about what modifications to make to it. Now she gets annoyed at him when he modifies a gun she likes or sells one she likes.

I do wish my wife were more interested in shooting so she could protect herself better when I'm not around. But the upside is that she doesn't care about what I do to my guns and she doesn't even notice when I modify one or buy a new one.

hodaka

Mine grew up in the city without firearms. I persuaded her into taking the class to get her CCL about a year ago. Since then she has bought 3 pistols, about 6 holsters and my Dillon can barely keep up for the weekends. I'm scared to turn her on to AR's. ;-)

KMAX

Maybe some of you missed my sarcasm. She shot up most of the ammo I took with me. I did get one mag though.

FrankenMauser

Building my wife a "pink camo" AR was all it took!
My wife would ask me if I was testing new depths of my own sexuality, if I did that.

She likes stainless steel and nicely figured wood (some laminates are acceptable).

She thinks most semi-autos (including handguns) look awkward and ugly.

...More fun for me. ;)

44 AMP

Staff
yah, I got that.."after the 10th mag..."

Get her one of the Remington pumps that take the AR mag. Looks more like a traditional rifle, recoil isn't going to be much more (if its even noticeable), she might like that better. (and you might get your AR back,,,:rolleyes:

Your spouse already has a mag loader.

True that!

baddarryl

Took my girl to the range for our first date. We are getting married June 20 next year! We love to shoot together. Such a cool thing.

Jim243

I don't know guys, my wife HATES guns. It's against her religious believes, she does have her FOID just in case I kick the bucket and she legally needs to own them till they can be sold.

Oh, poor me, I get to keep my rifles and pistols and shoot them without her demanding to go to the range with me. I get to rub shoulders with other shooters and compare guns without her sticking her two cents in. I get my boy's day out at the range without being reminded what needs to be fixed or carried out. I get the nice and quite sounds of large caliber reports going off all over without the consent drone of her voice.

Oh, poor me I get to only go to the range alone or with the guys. (LOL)

Poor Me (No PMS at the range.) LOL
Jim

Brotherbadger

I don't know guys, my wife HATES guns. It's against her religious believes, she does have her FOID just in case I kick the bucket and she legally needs to own them till they can be sold.

Oh, poor me, I get to keep my rifles and pistols and shoot them without her demanding to go to the range with me. I get to rub shoulders with other shooters and compare guns without her sticking her two cents in. I get my boy's day out at the range without being reminded what needs to be fixed or carried out. I get the nice and quite sounds of large caliber reports going off all over without the consent drone of her voice.

Oh, poor me I get to only go to the range alone or with the guys. (LOL)

Poor Me (No PMS at the range.) LOL
Jim

Yup, my wife is the same way. I guess we are missing out on the joy of buying ammo for someone else to shoot. :D

srommes

My wife keeps a Glock under her bed and I can occassionally get her to go to the range. That's about all she wants to do with it. Tried to get her into it more but no dice. Oh well, it's not for everyone I guess.