Why oh why did I visit the gun shop yesterday

Eghad

But it is a full size 1911 to train with in .22 cal not an adapter. I like it so your vote does not count anyways. :p Considering that a Kimber adapter goes for around $289 getting a full size pistol to train with for $100 kinda makes me interested. Even has night sights.

Last edited:

AustinTX

But it is a full size 1911 to train with in .22 cal

Yes, that's true.

My point is that this gun is made by GSG and is, apart from rollmarks and higher price tag, identical to the GSG-1911 in .22LR that has been available for some time now.

AustinTX

the GSG doesn't look as good as this.

You're right. With those ugly grips on the "Sig," I'd say the GSG looks quite a bit better. :p

2a5hrfm.jpg

Sig_1911-22.jpg

209Man

If that is the gun he wants, then why can't people be more positive, instead of ******* on the guys thread?

Eghad

You're right. With those ugly grips on the "Sig," I'd say the GSG looks quite a bit better.

You didn't look at the second pic. That Sig 1911-22 looks nothing like the one I am going to get. :p

Eghad

Oh I will indeed. I have been shooting since 1978 and I think this pistol will make Sig a few dollars.

Darsh

The Browning is not a full size 1911 pistol.

Oh I understand that, sir. It is an 85% scale. If you don't want to answer my question then don't. They both function identically to the full size pistol, which is the point that interested me. I was asking about the build quality of the pistols.

Eghad

Can't give you an honest answer to that. I have seen the Sig 1911-22 up close and personal and I am satisfied with the fit and quality. I have not had a chance to handle a Browning. As an owner of several Browning products I am sure if you decided to buy one you would not be disappointed on the quality of it.

sigcurious

Eghad, which ever you choose, if $400 doesn't include taxes, I would shop around a bit you can probably find one for $400 OTD. Then again I live in a place with silly sales tax of almost 10% :eek:

Martowski

Been thinking about picking one of these up some day, but also been thinking about the Kimber kit. But both being the same price, not sure it makes sense to get a kit.

HisSoldier

It's just a GSG-1911 with Sig Sauer rollmarks and a (usually) higher price. Nothing new.

I hope that doesn't mean it has the zinc alloy that the GSG is made of, I wouldn't give a nickle for any gun made of Zamak myself.