Why I will no longer shop at the pawn shop by my house

Bart Noir

Get a copy of the code/law and highlight the points

That simply will not work. You cannot prove a negative. In other words, you cannot prove that something doesn't exist. Not having evidence of the "something" only shows that you don't have evidence.

So showing one law that matches your version law can lead to a claim that there is another law somewhere which matches his. And your argument is not won.

Unless you work together to examine every single law at all levels of government. And that is another definition of "impossible".

In conclusion, I would like to congratulate the OP on his interest in FALs :D

Bart Noir

You cannot prove a negative. In other words, you cannot prove that something doesn't exist. Not having evidence of the "something" only shows that you don't have evidence.
If we're talking about, say dark energy, that is the case.

However, I haven't ever seen anything like the OP is describing in statute, and I worked legal compliance in the business for the better part of a decade. Neither have several lawyers that post here. Given how the internet has allowed the most obscure sections of gun law to be examined, we really would have heard something about this by now.

A more likely explanation is that the shop owner misread this memo from the ATF and extrapolated it to apply to all long guns with pistol grips.

dakota.potts

I think what Bart is saying is that I can't prove that that law doesn't exist to somebody who wants to believe that it does. There's no explicit law that says that all long guns with pistol grips may be sold to somebody 18 or older.

As Samuel L. Jackson satirically says in the animated series The Boondocks, "The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

"The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
I don't entirely disagree, but that statement is not always accurate.

That said, if the shop owner is making this claim, perhaps the OP can ask him to back it up with a source.

dakota.potts

I did ask and received no valid response other than it was something SLED and ATF might choose to enforce, so he wouldn't do any of those transfers

Nathan

Understand your relationship with him. If he is too expensive or too annoying, spend your money elsewhere.

sixguns

"He'd previously told me that he has a side business building $4,000 custom AR-15s that "make Daniel Defense look like ****". " :D

There's one big BS red flag! lol