Why aren't the IWI Pistols more Popular (Jericho, Baby Eagles, etc.)

JohnKSa

Administrator
"Accuracy"? Yeah, I'm sure Smith and Wesson has them beat, cough, cough.
Can you explain why the relative merit of IWI offerings, in terms of accuracy, compared to S&W products, should mean something to me? :confused:

5whiskey

The reason I haven't bought one is that they never seem to perform very well in the accuracy testing I've read.

I had a BDE compact in 9mm that was quite accurate, at least as accurate most offerings from Sig. Of course that is also a sample of one.

They are fine pistols, but I personally do not feel that they offer much of anything that CZ doesn't already bring to the table. Some models had some weird ergonomics as well (slide mounted safeties that stuck WAY out). My particular model had quite the long, hard, gritty DA trigger pull. SA was nice and crisp, but with a good bit of take-up (as most DA/SA pistols do, but this one had maybe a touch more than normal). All in all it was a great pistol, but I prefer a CZ to the BDE that I had honestly. Some of the newer models with frame safeties may hang with a CZ, assuming IWI has worked on making the trigger slightly better.

T. O'Heir

IMI(now called IWI) is a company that has been busy making ammo for the IDF. They also tend to discontinue stuff without concern for their existing customers.
Davidson's GalleryOfGuns.com is supposed to be an IWI distributor according to IWI USA. No or very few IWI firearms in stock or available.
Pretty similar at Lipsey's too. In their catalogue doesn't mean they have any.
The Baby Eagle isn't marketed or owned by IWI. IMI/IWI were strictly contractors for Magnum Research. Magnum Research is owned by Kahr Firearms. Who also own the Desert Eagle among others.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I had a BDE compact in 9mm that was quite accurate...
It's not that their accuracy was abysmal or anything, they just don't seem to test out as good as average from what I've seen. Which I might have been ok with except that they are based on the CZ-75 design which usually exhibits exemplary accuracy.

hemiram

I have a newish Jericho 941 with a rail and a rough looking, but mechanically solid Israeli surplus SAO Jericho 941 and both are very accurate and seem to have no issues firing anything I've put through them.

I love them, but friends of mine either don't like the looks or they complain they are "too heavy", which is nonsense, IMHO.