Whoa--I think I found my next pistol

Bart Noir

I wonder if Browning makes the gun,,,

No, they don't.

Because there is not really any "Browning" factory or company. There is a company that owns the right to put the Browning name on guns, and has been doing that since sometime before W.W.-1. Or at least was building his designs back then, I'm not sure if the Browning name was on them right from the start.

That is FN in Belgium. Which factory actually builds this new .22 I don't know. Maybe the FN-USA company subs it out to Hi-Point :D

Heck, W.W.-1 was started by shots from an FN-built Browning pistol.

Bart Noir

JayCee

'Fraid I don't like the aluminum slide...it makes the gun too light and it doesn't have the feel of a 1911. Now if they made it out of solid steel, I might be interested. I've just never liked aluminum on a gun...

John Eastwood

I was looking at one of these not long ago before I decided that I don't want an 80% sized 1911 for that high of a price. It needs to be a Colt (not the fake-ass Umarex) before I'll pony up that much coin for a .22LR.

Saying that, I've got $750 in this Glock 19 EXO and Advantage Arms .22 conversion right here. Same trigger, same sights, same gun (2 guns actually), and the ammo is $23 for a box of 525 rounds. I'll keep this instead.

Glock19-AdvantageArms.jpg

Glock19-AdvantageArms2.jpg

foghorn leghorn

Two for that price

You might be happier buying a Ruger 22/45. They have a few different models, and with 1911 style grips, they are the same angle and feel, so I have read.
images

I got my Ruger Mark II in 1984 with the target sights, and 5.5" Bull barrel. It has been flawless and maintenance free. My son's first shooter, he still likes to shoot it.
The newer Mark III has a few upgrades, such as the magazine catch in the usual spot as opposed to the Mark II which has the Euro style latch in the bottom of the grip. The 22/45 has a whole new look, and the name says it all, it is a .22LR with the lines of the 1911.

Either way, be safe, and share your stories.

Venom1956

yeah the 22/45 RP (replaceable panels) is pretty awesome... finally do something that the guys @ RFC have been doing since the MkII days... I was to nervous to do grind up a poly gun. :D