Which Sig model does everyone prefer?

BGutzman

Did you say Sig? Twitch, Twitch, Twitch, shake, shake, shake....... Im a poor Sig addict....

Grabbing my keys and headed to the gun shop... Wait dang its too late, it closed.... How long until tomorrow morning....

tick tock, tick tock... lol :D

WVsig

any thing but the P238... that one is trouble. I just got my wifes P238 back from the factory for the third time. I really hope the third time is the charm, we will see with our next range trip.

Enough is enough demand a new pistol.

10mm4ever

West german 226 or 220. Nothing I'd trust more out of the box than those two. On the flipside, I'm not interested in anything that has come from Exeter and I think what they've done to the SIG line is something that I would expect from Taurus.:barf:

mine is a P239 in .40. I really like it. If I had to get rid of other handguns, my glock 23 and my xd would go before the sig. I had a P220 a few years ago, but ran into financial problems and sold it to a cousin. I played around with a P238 the other day. I like the size, but i am scared of it due to all the problems I read about on here. So...my next sig will probably be a 226.

bitttorrrent

So above about the west german, you do not think that the newer sigs made in america are any good?

I think i will, but it will have to be by next gun - but i almost bought a p226
srt trigger
15 rnd. mags
rail, double slide serrations.

very nice, i handled one, but have not shot.

10mm4ever

Exeter SIGS had some serious QC issues for awhile, which seems to have been dealt with for the most part. What Exeter has done with alot of these "variants" of the 220 series is ridiculous though. I've seen what was once considered as one of the premier fighting handguns in the world turned into pimped out atrocities. We've seen "Rainbow", pink and even "Diamond plate", not to mention the "Super duper ultra/Blackwater/Elite/Extreme/Tactical" catch phrases attached to the classic 220 line. It's as if they've been doing everything possible to make these classic fighting pistols have more appeal to the younger "mall ninja" crowd. Their prices have gone through the roof all the while, while their reputation and QC has been more inline with what I'd expect from Taurus.:barf:

bitttorrrent

Sounds about right for new companies - spend more on advertising and different versions and don't worry about quality control.

I almost bought a nice looking p226 uspsa black - but was a little costly for my first handgun purchase.

My concern as you stated, is what is sig sauer working on for the future. This design has been around for a long time and seems like they are just messaging every ounce of usefullness out of it.

Yes, they have the srt trigger and new grips, rail etc. but nothing else.

still want one though they fit my hand really well.

rigby06

multiple Sigs

2 P220's
1 P232
A friend had a P229 nice gun.
I have in gun jail a P228

What can I say all have been great shooters with no failures, I will have to let everyone know about the P228 since I don't have it paid for yet.

All but my first P220 was used as well, The only new Sig that I have bought P220 is now 18 years old, a nice two tone model.

to clarify, when i said hard to get used to, i meant the srt. if you are used to a standard trigger, you will find yourself yanking down from the incredibly short and light trigger pull. all my shots were about 4in low at first. now that i'm used to it, i'm all bullseyes.

bitttorrrent

i was just about to buy one from topgunsupply. this is first purchase, so went to local without having to do FFL transfer instead.

I emailed him a few weeks ago, I wonder how many are left? The black with neckel trigger etc. looked sweet.

bsg1

i prefer the older w german Sigs. i've never had a regret for purchasing and owning one.

i currently have an older (1983) pristine condition w german P220-E .45 ACP on layaway. i've always wanted a heel magazine release P220 and soon i'll have one. it's been on my list for awhile.

MashieNiblick

the 226 with the new ergo grips if it is as nice in feel as the 229

otherwise, from what i have seen, the 229

there is something to be said for a precision handle to be found on a instrument of precision

the old 226 grip is a bit fat at top between the base of the thumb and forefinger. a little paddle-like, if you will

like the 92FS, but not as nice or as well done

v' also got to love just about anything from a company with a name pronounced, cig-sour

fwiw,
:cool:

Last edited: