Which Sig model does everyone prefer?

camelshark69

I handled a used Sig P229 and it felt great. I couldn't shoot it because they didnt have a range at this store but I wanted to see what models everyone liked and why, also what they think of the 226.
Thanks!

Texpass

I have about 20+ Sigs. I have two 226's one a 9mm and the other a 40 cal. I have three 229's. One is a 40 cal DA/SA TT version while the other is a DAK trigger with a .357 Sig barrel installed. I also picked up a 229 E2 in 9mm.

All of these guns were used except for the 9mm P226. They are all most excellent weapons. The 9mm P226 is probably the most accurate of the bunch but not by much. I like all my Sigs and rotate them on a regular basis.

My wife just bought me a Sig C3 1911. This is a a great carry 1911 if you like that format. I would say my two favorite carry Sigs are my new C3 and my P239 with a DAK trigger and a .357 Sig barrel.

Good Luck!

BarryLee

I have a P220 Carry Elite in .45 caliber which has performed flawlessly. I liked it so much I just purchased a P229 Enhanced Elite in 9mm which seems like it will be an excellent addition. I hope to pick up a P226 somewhere down the road, but hard to save while buying ammo to feed the other two.

Lopsang8

P226. Love it. The feel in my hand was perfect. Be aware the new 226 does have a slimmer factory grip than last years, and I didn't like the slimmed down version. So far 950 rounds fired and one ftf but user error on magazine reload.

docnyt

Does the 556 count? ;)
P220 Equinox - a blast to shoot with the .22 conversion slide
P226 Blackwater and 1911 Blackwater (yeah I had to get one to match)
Hammerli

IM_Lugger

Not including their 1911 line up, I like 226 the most - have 2 of them! I had a 220 before but it just didn't fit my hand as well, 229 feels too bulky, and sig pro looks ugly to me.

JKump

I carried the P220 for years so it gets my vote. Nothing like a good .45. However, I also like the P228.:rolleyes:

SauerJackson

I'm currently carrying a P250c in .45. But my vote has to go to my 226R in .357, an absolute beast with the 15rd mag! :D But it does get heavy, so occasionally I'll carry the 229 .40/.357. The weight and size difference isn't much on paper, but it can really add up on long days...

wgsigs

The P225 fits my hand the best and I love the way it shoots, but they don't make it anymore or the P228, another of my 9mm favorites. However, for .40S&W and .357SIG, my favorite is the P229 ..., but for .45 it's my P220. I don't own a P226 yet, but I have plans to get one in the future, an old school German 9mm, which will probably become my favorite full-size double stack 9mm SIG. :D

Robk

Perfer the P220 for grip feel and mine is a SA only, nice accurate. P229 is more of a handful but still very nice, has a nice kick in .40S&W. I started with the 1911 platform and perfer the slimmer grips of single stacks. So with Sig, that's a P220 and P6/P225 (love my P6 also). Will have a P226 by week's end and am really looking forward to it. OH! you didn't mention if this was for carry or not. So I have to assume not, so any of the Sig pistol would be great for general shooting. All work great and are accurate once you adjust to the trigger (at least from a 1911).

outdoor

I love my 9mm p229. It's comfortable, accurate, and reliable. I also think Sig customer service is great, and you can take great courses at the Sig Academy. My primary complaints are that classic Sigs are not very good for concealed carry. Others will disagree, but I think they're too heavy and bulky. I know they are releasing new models now targeted at CCW, but I like the classic guns and they have a proven track record.

The p226 is my favorite. I hope the p250 takes off because it is very forward thinking, but I haven't seen a lot of them around. I know they were recently adopted by the Dutch police, which is a good first step.

Too many people here I wanna ask for pics! Can we post pics?? :D

P4130031.jpg

This is mine when I first got it about a week ago :) lol

dpetreikis

I had a P225 few years ago - nice gun, but didn't fit my hand right, so away it went. Shot a buddy's P239 in 40 S&W... also nice, but didn't like the balance. It felt very top-heavy to me, so no joy there, either. Have a P245 now. I like it, though it shoots low for me - possibly due to the aftermarket big-dot sights that it came with. More testing is in order on that one, I think. Have a P220 on layaway and have been considering the thought of a P228 if I come across one at a fair price.