• P-90 .45 ACP

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • GP-100 .357 magnum

Votes: 87 79.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renfield

would you rather have ? a P-90 .45 ACP or a GP-100 .357 magnum ?

if you didn't have any full size handguns

Easy E

That's a tough choice...

Both are solid, workhorse guns. I've owned a P-97, and currently own 3 Ruger center fire wheel guns. I think I'd go with the GP-100, as it would be a bit more versatile.

fairview mick

Ruger GP 100

In revolvers, I have a GP 100 with excellent trigger job, a Smith 686 and an early Model 29. I think the Ruger is on par with the Smiths and it seems very sturdy. I shoot a lot of .38's from it practicing, and it's quite accurate.

skeeter1

If you have to ask that question...

...then you probably don't have that much experience with handguns. The .357 and .45 are completely different animals. I'd suggest the .357 revolver for it's versatility, simplicity, and safety.

xnavy

I would go with the .45, they are a blast to shoot. I don't have a Ruger .45 but I have a 9mm and I have a Baby Eagle in .45. I waited a long time to get a .45 and I wish now that I hadn't waited so long. I have a Ruger SP101 and a Security Six. Neither of those are as much fun to shoot as the .45.

Surefire_U2

Gp 100

Nothing wrong with the P90, but it just doesn't interest me. Its too big and bulky for the .45 acp chambering IMO.

The GP 100 for me is the perfect combination of size and comfort in .357 magnum.

BillCA

Not being especially enamored with the looks of most Rugers, I selected the GP100 because the Ruger revolvers do have a reputation for being sturdy. That, and also because I think the aesthetics of the Ruger semi's leaves a lot to be desired.

In a strictly caliber sense, the .357 Magnum is in a whole different category than the vernable .45 ACP. The .357 is much more versatile and can serve several roles such as target shooting, small game, medium game and self-defense. It's about as close to the "do-all" handgun as you can get.

Renfield

I saw a GP-100 with a 3 inch barrel..I liked it except for the rubber grip with the plastic inserts..then somebody posted a picture of an SP-101 with a wood grip..then I went to Eagle Grip's website and the Secret Service grip is available for the GP-100 so :)

Renfield

the P-90 is uglier than homemade sin

the P-90 has a face only a mother could love..I'll think about it for awhile..I might just save up for a Combat Commander instead

Status
Not open for further replies.