Which Glock for Cartridge Versatility?

DaleA

RedBowTies88-I like your thinking on this issue!

I like the idea of the 10mm but I don't like the way it batters a gun. But if you shoot it in a GLOCK, well I wouldn't care that much. :D

Plus people that know these things, like Uncle Malice tell me the Glock handles the 10mm quite well.

And condolences on all the goofy hoops you have to jump through in NJ. :(

Ruger45LC

I think the G21 wins the in versatility dept. Off the top of my head it can shoot in addition to the .45 ACP:

.45 Super/450 SMC
460 Rowland
.400 CorBon
.40 Super
10mm Auto

Although nobody makes them, it could shoot .40 S&W and 357 Sig (and 9x25 Dillon) as well if someone made a conversion barrel for it. The 10mm conversion barrel uses G20 mags and .40/357 Sig fits into the G20 mag, so it could shoot those too, but I'm not sure why they don't exist.

perpster

Fill in the GAP

If you want a unique Glock, why not get it in the unique Glock cartridge -- a .45 GAP? I know you already have .45 ACP 1911, but I'll bet you don't have anything in .45 GAP. :eek:;)

Walt Sherrill

I have a Glock 38 and it has become my favorite .45. (I also have a SIG 220 Super Match.) I find them, at least for me, equally accurate, and the Glock is easier to use: the slide stop on the 220 almost requires a bumper jack to release the slide. (I'm not the only person who has had THIS particular type of experience. I have a SIG 226 X-Five with the same issue -- a new, lighter recoil spring from SIG made it somewhat better)

One of the big drawbacks to the G.A.P. round is higher cost, but I've found that I can buy .45 GAP in bulk for essentially the same price as .45 A.C.P.

(I have a half-case of .45 GAP coming from Georgia Arms, and it's the same price as .45 ACP... shipping is the same.)