whic one?

• mk1 no. 3

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • mk 4 no. 1

Votes: 36 78.3%

• Total voters

Gewehr98

Whoa!

Tamara, I thought you had already found one of those Trials Rifles. Or was that an early Charger Loading Lee Enfield you had snagged?

DT Guy

Gewehr, those are some mighty clean Enfields...wish I could find a few in that condition that didn't cost a mint. Most I've seen recently were rode hard and put away wet....

Larry

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Gewehr98,

Actually, the only Enfield I have right now is an unissued '54 Fazakerly No.4 Mk.2. I'm most likely on the prowl for a No.1 Mk.III next, unless the aforementioned Mk.V happens to drop into my lap.

Cowled_Wolfe

Well the simpler solution would be to...

i wont have enough room in my gun case after i get a mosin, 8mm mauser, enfield, new 12 gauge pump, and a 10/22

I say you either get a new safe, or convert an old closet into a safe with some heavy doors and a little frame modification... Then you can get them all!

Daryl Waldron

The No. 4 is the better rifle. BUT,I would go with the No. 1. I like the cool factor.
im000802.jpg
[/IMG]

Gewehr98

Besides the aforementioned NoIMkV between-wars Trials Rifle...

There's another interesting variant of the Lee-Enfield out there. Take a look at what the Turkish gentleman below is holding. It's an Enfield-Mauser hybrid, in 8mm Mauser.

8mmturkenfield.jpg

Here's another one:

TurkEnfieldMauserRifle.jpg

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Gewehr98,

Bizarre.

Wood and fittings from a 1905 Carbine, it looks like, combined with an Enfield action w/cut-down magazine.

rugerdude

I did a little snooping when my dad was away and found my christmas present, a no.4 mk.1 enfield!!!!! This seems like the place to post this so is there anything you can tell me about these guns?