Which Blackhawk?

.32 Mag Single-Six is a great little gun, I also have the adjustable sight 5.5". The round is capable of taking all the critters you described and loaded properly is no joke at all. As posted, you can get it punched out to .327 with a little barrel shaving and a new cylinder and that's a real powerhouse.

Very nice choice.

Notenoughguns

I picked up the 4 5/8" 357/9mm a couple weeks back and I'm finally going to go shoot it this morning. :D

I love ruger single actions.

the 45lc/45acp might be next on my list

texagun

Good choice Roy, especially with a step-grandson getting into shooting.
I went with Jim March's suggestion for a trail gun that would carry comfortably and have been very pleased with it. I might add, I don't reload anymore, so the availability of factory ammo in the local stores was an important consideration to me. I can always find .38 Special/.357 Mag wherever I go.

If you happen to spot one, the best Ruger 357 ever made (seriously!) is the 50th Anniversary 357 Flattop Blackhawk.

50thAnniversaryBlackhawkrightside.jpg

Last edited:

RJM

Congrats on getting your .32.

I know that if I bought that gun, I would send it out in a heartbeat to get the cylinder reamed to fit the .327 fed mag round, but you can also load .32 H&R magnums pretty stout if you are a handloader. I enjoy shooting the .32 caliber, great versatile chambering.

Jim March

Converting a Ruger 32H&R to 327 isn't as simple as reaming. A whole new oversize cylinder has to be built, and the back of the barrel cut closer to flush with the frame to let it fit. It's an expensive job.

treg

Good choice roy reali. I had a 4 5/8" .32 H&R Single Six for a while before I knew much about reloading. Didn't like it - too loud and too inaccurate for small game. If I'd only known then.....

Sure wish I still had that one.