Which Beretta 92 to get?

Stainless

Some of you may remember me shopping around, asking for opinions and such a few months back. Well, I've got my sights set on a Beretta 92, but I'm not sure what model. The gun is going to be a 'for-fun-gun', with a little home defense if need be.
I figure a standard 92FS, maybe Inox, maybe not. Berettas look nice and feel nice, I must say.
Plus, I like hearing from fellow Beretta enthusiasts ;)
Thanks.

blades67

I like the standard 92FS better than the Inox for looking at, but the Inox should resist the elements better. Have fun making up your mind.:D

Kermit

Since function will be the same regardless of which one you choose, I'd get the one you like the most. Seeing that your handle is "Stainless," I'd recommend the inox 92fs ;)

branrot

I prefer the stainless (which I have), but that's only my preference. Also, some prefer the Italian version (which I have) over the American version, but I can't really comment from experience. All I can say is that it was my first gun, I've puchased a bunch since then, but I still have it, and I still love it.

1goodshot

I like pistols that are single or double action only,no change in the trigger.When I get around to buying a Beretta it will be a double action only with no manual safty.

Last edited:

Swamp Yankee

Have an Italian 92F and it isn't shabby, but I really prefer my 92 Custom Carry, particularly after it underwent an action/trigger clean up.
Take Care

1911A1 fan

Stainless, I got the 92 FS when my Guard Unit lost thier 1911s and I didn't think that I should be training Troops with a gun that I didn't have a lot of range time with. I do think that the Beretta FS has a lot going for it but if I were to get one for my own use I think I would get the Elite

Russell92

if you go with the 92 INOX you might want to consider getting the brigadier version. the sights on the 92FS INOX have red dots which a lot of people don't like and find hard to see. the sights on the 92FS Brigadier INOX have standard white dots.

tonyz

Here is the picture of my choice.

92FS Inox

Tony

sM34994.jpg

BT100

My choice.

Isn't she a sweeeet one. My choice is a stock 92FS/Trijicon NS when the factory use to have them already installed back in 1995/Hogue grips/Galco Combat Master. Not much finer from Beretta IMO. I'm partial to NS on all my shooters. If it's dark in the house, the only lights on will be on my shooters.

ViewImage.dll

Let the games begin....:cool:

Last edited:

Stainless

Thanks, guys! I think I wanna go check 'em out at the range, try out other pistols, etc, before I make my decision, but one more thing...
I heard that Berettas can be a little long in the grip, IE it's hard to wrap your finger around the trigger. What say you?

JohnKSa

Administrator
Beretta 92G Elite II.

Stainless Brigadier slide and Stainless Barrel that fits flush to the front of the slide. Bruniton finish aluminum frame.

Lighter DA trigger than the standard 92FS, decock only(that makes it a 92G), Novak sights, beveled magwell, Stainless allen head grip screws. Target crowned barrel. Finger serrations on slide front and rear. Black ELITE II markings on slide.

NICE, NICE, NICE!

IMO, the slickest looking handgun on the market today.

Here's a picture of an Elite II

http://www.pistoleer.com/beretta-l/96g_elite_2.shtml

VR6Driver

The grips on my 92FS Inox are made by Hogue. Found out by accident when I took the grips off. There on the inside of each grip it says "Hogue".