which 9mm (traditonal styling)?

bobn

it has been a long time since i have had a 9mm. i do not like striker fired guns. i perfer hammer guns. the last time i had a 9mm it was a 59 s & w. i have been used to decent accuracy though and would not be interested in any thing that doesnt shoot less than two inch groups at 15yards. thanks for any and all opinions! bobn

Ricebrnr

Oh I get to say it first.

CZ-75B, great price, great style, great accuracy.

Traditional DA/SA, but you can carry it cocked & locked.

You'd be hard pressed to find better for the money.

Greg Bell

If you want a hammer gun with classic lines you should get a BHP. If you want something a little more modern and generally reliable you can't go wrong with a SIG. If you want to go all-out with every possible modern improvement the HK P2000 or P30 is the way to go.

HorseSoldier

+1 what ranburr said.

High Power if you're budget is over $600. CZ-75 (or one of the more modern up-dates like the P-01 or SP-01) if under $600. At least that is probably how I'd go.

xrocket

Plastic or Steel .... that will be one of the main determiner's.

Steel ... Sig 229 double stack or Sig 239 single stack.

Plastic ...HK 2000 in one of various configurations.

Either way you can't go wrong. Personally, after owning a few plastics I prefer all steel. The Sig triggers are tops out of the box and the HK leave a little to be desired when it comes to the trigger. Both more accurate than 99% of the shooters can actually shoot and they have above average service departments.

Good luck and good shooting.

VA9mm

I'll suggest something different a Beretta. I have a 90Two that was $630. The 92FS is cheaper than that and the M9 can be had for $500.

90-TWO001.jpg

RJM

I have had great luck with my Ruger P95dc. It is accurate and over 1000 round jam free. Cheap too. I can also recommend the Beretta 92, my brother has had his for nearly 10 years and it hasn't had one problem.

chris in va

I'd like to jump on the CZ bandwagon too, but really it boils down to whatever fits your hand, and whether you like sa/da or sa. Or da for that matter.

I have large-ish hands and the CZ fits like it was molded. CZ also makes smaller pistols such as the P01/PCR.

Only thing about CZ, their triggers aren't the best in SA. Mine has a LOT of creep and camming. Some day I would love to get that smithed out, but it'll do for now.

Cliff47

If you prefer single-action, then go with the HP (by Browning, FN, FM, FEG, Arcus or even a Kareen if so inclined, they all share the same design).

If you prefer traditional DA/SA, then the CZ(TZ or Witness also good), SIG, S&W, or HK may fill your needs. All depends on the feel in your hand.

Like my grandfather used to say, "Life is tradeoffs".