• Les Baer

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Kimber

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Colt

Votes: 38 34.5%

• Total voters

Jspy

I have all three.....AH..variety is the spice of life....I do seem to have an awful lot of Colts in the stable tho. Theres just something about em. :D

kpw

I like Kimbers for the money. Their base models seem to be great buys to me. My problems with Colts and a Springfield were a long time ago so from what I've been hearing, I'd give them another shot if I found a good deal. Wilson and Baer have great reputations but I'd rather spend the extra $1000+ on customizing a standard Kimber and have more of a one of a kind pistol with the features I like. Can't say that those who bought either Wilson or Baer made bad choices though.

Jspy

vyper, yes Colt is still in business and putting out some nice pieces. Check thttp://www.1911forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

1911A1 fan

Kimber all the way.

I think you should have included Springfield as well. But both of my Kimbers(Custom Cassic and Stainless Ultra Carry) have never given me trouble that were not mag. related. The same can be said about my Springfield. As far as I can see Colt is just a name I have never had anything from Colt that didnt need some TLC from a smith.:rolleyes:

J.Evans

Springfield... they're good-looking 1911's with nice crisp lines at a very reasonable price for what you get!

Westtexas

Speaking as another person who owns all of the above,

I'd choose a Baer TRS, hands down. Have owned the Wilson Protector, and it is not half the gun the TRS is. One of these days they will learn to blend a beavertail, and not use MIM forged parts. The plastic guide rod on a $1800 gun should tell you something. The Wilson was better than Kimber or Springfield, but the Baer is at another level above the Wilson.

pogo2

COLT

I guess I am also sentimental, and like to support the old American company that began the 1911. I have 6 Colt 1911's of the Gold Cup variety, including pre-70, series 70 and 80, and Trophy models, and they are solid and accurate. The new Trophy model has a great trigger action and excellent workmanship.

I also believe Colt 1911's will hold their value better, because of collectors and the mystique of the name. I have shot Kimbers and they are okay, but I think Colts are special.

Vanguard.45

Springfield!

Get a Springfield and watch the other fellas cry.:(

All of the companies listed in your survey make fine weapons and none would do you wrong. For the money, I'll take a Springfield.

meat

Had a Kimber.... Series 2 malfunctions = very unhappy w/ Kimber. Sold it and got a Springfield. Great gun. Get one if you don't want to spend alot of $$$$$. If you wants a custom gun, Get the Wilson or the Les Baer. STI's are really nice too.