Where should I move?

thumbtack

Here is what Dallas offers.

1. A local government that recognizes gun rights. Almost everybody has a gun and you can get a CHL that is recognized all over the south.

2. Lots of single twentysomethings like myself. Yes, we have a lot of HOT women here.

3. A nice physical environment--mountains, lakes, and such. Dallas is a nice town. We have several lakes, which are low right now. We don’t have mountains we do have small hill west of Ft Worth. We also have piney forest to the east of us.

Here are some other benefits:
No State Income Tax
Stronger Economy
If you like sports, we have The Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, The Texas Rangers, and The Dallas Stars.

Justin

No Zundfolge, nooooooo!

I can't believe it. Here I am, looking for a job doing 3d graphics and/or video related stuff.
My bro and parents live in Colorado Springs.
And I was thinking "You know, it's really quite nice there."

:)

E

Ellery Holt

Jody in Delaware wrote:
By the way, although it means nothing to me, we are a tax free shopping mecca as well. We have over 200 tax free "factory outlet" stores here as well. Some of them are terrific bargains!!!

"What's a tax-free factory outlet store," asks the Oregonian. :p

Subby

Ah, as queer as it sounds, I'm with hotdog. You haven't lived until you've had a Primanti Bros. sammitch. Lotsa guns/booze/women. Folks are generally topnotch. If you drive an hour out of Pittsburgh you have a lot of gorgeous country to roam. If you're into hunting, we've got tons of whitetail, nothing huge, but tons of them. Plus Primanti Bros. sammitches.

Subby

Jager1

I second (or was it third) the free State of Arizona.

Better carry laws than any state except Vermont.

Good High Tech industry, aerospace and the place is second only to Nevada for growth.

Your pro-gun letters get printed in the paper.

Lived in Texas for ten years prior to ten in Arizona. The good looking women are here. They just have to make up songs about it in Texas to make the cattle feel better.

If you are a decent shot, Arizona is THE patriotic place to be.

We'll need all the help we can get to keep all the bliss ninnies from overunning the place when California hits the skids.

What is snow, Daddy?

:cool:

yankytrash

Goochland County Virginia.
Let's hold off on suggesting Virginia until we see the outcome of the Governor's race. If Warner gets it, I think my guns and I will have to bug-out.

"Warner for Sportsman", indeed. You watch - that caniving bastard is going to ruin Virginia.

sw627pc

Have to second "Second Amendment". If you like the Chicago area (??) but not their laws. Just hop the border into Indiana (avoiding Gary or Bloomington). You can probably even find somewhere nice that would allow a commute back to Chicago if you insisted.

Jody Hudson

For Ellery Holt,

Hi. We have no sales tax and thus we attract people from all the states around to shop here in Delaware. Also our property taxes are very low; usually about 1/4 of 1% per year of the value of real estate. Our income taxes are low as well. Our government lives on the fees of Corporations from all over the world which are incorporated here in Delaware but use none of our services.

We don't have any JOBS however. We do have a lot of consultants and self employed people but no big companies. However we have, perhaps the lowest failure rate of self employment anywhere around! And, if you like to be in one of the service sectors; we have a huge retirement community here who, since they are not working, keep our businesses busy all day even when the tourists are not here for the bikini beaches!!!

lawdogkms

Alpine Texas is god's country...

4Y27469.jpg

5898284.jpg

I moved to Alpine with my work earlier this year, and haven't been happier ever!

We sit at 4,500 feet in the Davis Mts, with just right warm days, and cool nights, and a beautiful sky.

Just for example, today we'll have a high of about 80F, that's with a nice breeze and nice dry air, tonight it will drop to 40F...

Population 5,500.

We have no industry, therefore no pollution.

It seems like everyone is a member of one of the local shooting ranges.

Right here locally, we have bullseye matches, three gun matches, and high power matches in Pecos, TX only 1.5 hrs away.

Although our population is only 5,500, about 1/4 of it is College Students at Sul Ross State University, which is located here in Alpine. Lots of young ladies........

Big Bend National Park is only an hour away, for any hiking/mountainclimbing etc....

Truly Paradise if you ask me.

Last edited:

Kharn

Just a warning: Delaware is may issue, I dont know how freely the permits are given out.

Jody Hudson: whats the deal with Delaware CCW, are they as stingy as MD is with handing them out? I'm here in Newark at UDel and I was thinking about getting one.

Kharn

Jeff Thomas

BTW, in Arizona, we have Gunsite Training Center, lots of Class III dealers, and you can go shooting with AK's, AR's and .50 BMG's on a lot of public lands (although the National Forest gestapo has been trying to reduce shooting on forest land ...).

And, did I mention this before ... we have beautiful women here. Beautiful ... ;)

bjdealer

Las Vegas for Sure!!!

Clark County is building an outdoor range up against the Mts north of the city. Boulder City (home to the DAM) has a membership long distance range + an open smaller range surrounded by Mts and the landfill, and is planning to build a new range on land donated by a mining company.

Free shooting anywhere in the desert, unless the land is part of the National Recreation Area (Lakes Meade/Powell/Mojave). Bureau of Land Management Area (BLM) land (most of the state) is free shooting area.

No waiting period for handgun purchases. With all the open space here, NV is a gun owner's heaven, compared to CA.

"Front Sight" training center is just over the Mt heading west. They have offerred free handgun training to any and all airline pilots.

And most folks from Chi town have visited LV for the "action". Seems most Chicago'ns can't wait to leave Chi anyway.

Jody Hudson

Delaware is a MAY issue state, with a course requirement. It takes about 4-6 months to issue but I don't know of anyone who has been turned down.

MeekAndMild

If you drive an hour out of Pittsburgh you have a lot of gorgeous country to roam. If you're into hunting, we've got tons of whitetail, nothing huge, but tons of them. Plus Primanti Bros. sammitches.

Subby, do you think these guys would FexEx a sandwich?

Deer are like a plague in Texas. You know, like the Biblical plague of frogs, except that the deer are much bigger than frogs and more common.

Come t think of it I read that there are more white tail deer now in the US than were ever here in the past. Imagine that, from Pennsylvania to the Rockies, eating every thing in their paths...:eek:

eviltravis

Montana

The last best place... to hide!

The good stuff.
Less than one million in the whole state. Lots of mountains and wide open spaces. Concield carry permits are easy to get. Easy to "get away from it all" when you want to. Low cost of living. There's always a place to fish. They sell "assault rifles" in the malls here.:D The schools are good.

The bad stuff.
No economy. High crime (for our population). We have more than our share of freeks here. (Ted Kazinski, Nathanial Bar-jonah,my former neibor, The church of the creator, and countless doomsday cults that are trying to get "away from it all" too. Meth labs all over the place.:mad:

All in all, this is a good place to live. I like it here;)

eviltravis

uh... I forgot the chicks.

Montana, where the men are men, and the women are sheep.:D
Just kidding! The girls are fully max here.