where do you carry your spare mag?

troy_mclure

one of the things that i have changed since joining this board is to start carrying a spare mag. i carry it next to my money clip in my left butt pocket(gun is in right).

but it keeps tipping over and becomes uncomfortable.

how or where do you guys/gals carry your spare mag?

KLRANGL

I ran a spare HK P7 mag IWB in a Raven Concealment mag carrier on the support side directly behind my cell phone clip (just behind 9oclock), but it was very uncomfortable so I switched it back to OWB carry. Works much better, but it does poke slightly below my shirt. Its a work in progress...

oldandslow

tm, 10/17/10

Spare mag at 0800 (behind left hip) in a IWB mag pouch. I tried a couple of single mag OWB pouches but didn't like them.

best wishes- oldandslow

Nnobby45

how or where do you guys/gals carry your spare mag?

I carry my spare mag on the left side in the same position I carry the gun on the other. I like the Blade Tech combo for light and mag.

I also stick an extra mag in my vest or shirt side pocket, or in my back pocket (when I carry a single stack), like you do, but that just amounts to spare ammo---not a quick reload.

There's a difference in having a quick reload and in just having spare ammo on you that you have to grope around for.

Mr. James

oldandslow,

Wow. I'd never heard of or considered an IWB mag carrier. I normally carry mine in a pocket, either left rear or left cargo pants pocket, as the case may be. Like you, the outside the waistband carriers make me feel like a complete butthat. I need to expand my horizons!

Thanks for doing so!

Bob James

Xanatos

Blackhawk makes cargo pants with elastic bands in the cargo pockets to secure pistol magazines. I keep 3 in my left cargo pocket, 1 in my right cargo pocket, and 1 in the weapon.

m&p45acp10+1

I carry a BUG in my strong side front pocket. Carrying my M&P, or G26 that is 10+1 in either, and 7 in my P-64 that is my pocket. Total is 18 rounds.

smince

I carry Appendix-inside the waistband about 1:00. My spare mag goes IWB between the gun and my belt buckle.

Jimmy10mm

I carry either a Kahr P380 or a Kahr MK40 in a Bandara 'Beltster' and it is great if you can wear your shirt tail out. My spare mag is in my left front trouser pocket. I do have a belt mag carrier on order and will be giving that a try.

Glenn E. Meyer

I been using the Galco Matrix holsters, plastic with loops for gun and extra mag - on the opposite side.

They are OWB but I've come to like that better than IWB. My cover garments work for it.

Sefner

Depends on where I'm going. If I'm driving to work (5 minutes away) I might carry an extra mag in my pocket. I normally don't because if I left it in my pocket and it were discovered, bad things would result (even though it's just a mag).

Normally I carry in a Galco Miami Classic II which comes with two mag slots on the left side, so they go in there. Helps balance the holster, too.

During the winter everything is on the belt. Springfield has a belt-loop two mag pouch with all their new guns, so I just use that.

I often carry in my pocket even though I know better than to do that. An IWB or OWB dedicated magazine holder is a better option - as anybody who has stuffed a magazine topped off with a nice layer of pocket lint into his pistol can tell you. :D

MTT TL

That is exactly why I stopped carrying in my pocket (that and rubbing holes in my pockets from the edges of the mag). I also found someone who would sell me NIB FOBUS paddle mag holders for $8. That gave up my excuse of wasting money. Anyone can afford $8.

bearone2

i don't carry one but i will call 911.

if i need more than 11 rds, i should've stayed out of that part of town.

Glenn E. Meyer

What if you are in the swankiest hotel in town and it goes Mumbai?

That would be nasty.

The part of town is irrelevant if a gun fight starts. Real estate agents and food critics aren't going to say - stop using so much ammo. This is a nice part of town.

If you think there is a greater risk of needing a gun in part X of town - don't go there at all.