When the SHTF in a HD situation

What's your plan for out-of-ammo/ bad jam HD situations?

• Spare mag available

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • New York reload (grabbing another loaded gun)

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • If they can survive a whole magazine being shot at them, they can take what they want

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
Switch to one of my other guns.

I have a shotgun in the bedroom.

If I shoot that one dry, I got to my nightstand gun.

If I shoot that one dry, I normally have my carry gun in my jeans on the clothes tree.

detructo4130

How does a bull-pup rifle sound something like a berretta cx-4 in .45acp that would probably be pretty good, but for right now its 17rounds of 9mm followed up by 17 rounds of .380

If my gun goes down, for whatever reason, that is likely the worst thing that can happen for the bad guy(s) as my wife will continue the fight with the shotgun. She doesn't like shooting the shotgun and prefers making as few shots as possible and she makes it possible by good shot placement. There are few folks I would want behind me with a shotgun, but my wife is at the top of the list.

With all that said, I have spare mags for the AR and 1911s. Running out of ammo should not be a significant issue.

When the wife backs you up with a shotgun, I believe that is called a Trailer Park Reload. ;)

As for the query about the Beretta CX4 from destructo4130, the Beretta CX4 Storm is not a bullpup. It is just a carbine. Plus, Beretta isn't making anything in the way of a high cap mag for it. I don't know about after market, but I am sure you won't find anything like any 30s just yet.

Last edited: