• when it gets ugly looking

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • never

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jetinteriorguy

That's my experience as well...

I cut the dryer sheets into strips that are roughly 1.5" x 4" and smear a little "Nu Finish" car polish on each piece...it removes the carbon and dust from my media. Three or four pieces to each tumbling batch does the trick.

One to two hours of tumbling with this method equates to good clean brass...not factory new looking but plenty good enough for reloading. Best regards, Rod
I usually just add the Nufinish directly to the media and then tumble until the lumps are gone, then add the sheets. I like your idea of just adding the Nufinish to the sheets, shouldn’t have to run the tumbler to eliminate lumps this way.

Crankylove

I voted never, but do actually change it.

I don’t tumble my brass to them them factory shiny, just to get any powder residue or dirt off after firing. I also tumble a bit after reloading to get case lube off. I end up changing the media every 2 or 3 years, or more, depending on how much I’m using it. If I was going for shiny brass, instead of just clean, I’d probably change it more often.

rodfac

Jet,
I usually just add the Nufinish directly to the media and then tumble until the lumps are gone, then add the sheets. I like your idea of just adding the Nufinish to the sheets, shouldn’t have to run the tumbler to eliminate lumps this way.
I used to do the same, but settled on anointing the strips as it saved me some time listening to that damned buzzing tumbler! Also, I think the dryer sheets...or just plain old towels, cut to the same dimensions...work a bit better removing the black grime & dust.

To be honest, I rarely clean my brass, but have done so lately as my farm range in the close-in paddock is getting a bit sandy...gotta protect my dies....Best Regards,...always enjoy your posts, BTW...Rod

Metal god

Who voted every 1k ? C-mon man that's 2 9mm tumbles or 4-ish 308 tumbles . Heck the media is just getting worked in by then lol