What's Your "Go To War" Pistol?

Hammerhead

My HK45C. (.45 auto)
100% reliable right out of the box even with my target SWC handloads, very accurate and evidently it's durable as the Navy adopted it as the MK 24.

michael t

A 1911 worked for me in 2 tours . I have a 1943 Colt USGI with better fixed sights and new barrel . That would be the go with me again .

But I'll be at main base in the NCO club kicking back a cool one . To old to do all that walking running and jumping .

Last edited:

senecahornet

go to war pistol

methinks.....ammo that would be found/available.....9mm or 45 acp....the only two cals. as far as what pistol.....what is issued by uncle sam?

Brit

Glock makes Pistols, but engineers and designers, don't carry them, we the gun guys do. So we use mods that work for us, to enhance the performance, so as to make them work, for every day carry, or even in the extreme of going to war.

As individuals who can bring many years of carrying pistols in harms way, we can add items to our go to pistol, that Soldiers can not, to make them work for us.

For instance my G19 4th Gen pistol has a set of TruGlo fiber optic sights, extended slide release, Glock original equip. Short frame plug, makes mag changes better, blocks crud from action. Smooth trigger release up, change to smooth faced trigger, 4.25lb weight. I am totally at peace with this pistol, have shot countless rounds through it, no malfunctions, use 147g Win. Ranger T. But in the past, I have shot 1000 of rounds of Mil Spec 9mm, Sten Gun ammo (from a Browning Hi Power) and would be totally happy with 16 rounds of Sten gun ammo in the Glock. Plus two extra 17 round magazines.

Last edited:

David L. Smith

Well, according to the "rules" of this post - this pistol must be one that I currently "own" - so, that would be a Sig Sauer P250, 9mm, full-size - the only pistol that I own!

But, in reading the responses, if someone wants to "gift me" one of the following... then, I might change my answer! :-D

- Wilson Combat CQB 1911;
- CZ75B in 9mm or a Springfield GI 1911;
- HK MK 23;
- Beretta 92FS;
- HK45C;
- Browning Highpower;

But, it is hard to argue against any high quality 1911 in .45.

If you need my shipping address - just let me know! :-D