What's Your "Go To War" Pistol?

Mercenary

As stated in the title, what would be your first choice as a go to war pistol. We all know a rifle of some sort would be preferred but I'm talking strictly a SINGLE pistol that you would trust your life on that you consider to be dead nuts reliable. What would it be and what caliber? Lastly, it has to be something you currently own.

dsk

My Sistema M1911A1. Dead nuts reliable, will keep working even if its covered in mud or if it rusts, proven stopping power. Otherwise I'd like to use my Glock 19, but if I may be stuck using military FMJ ammo I'd rather leave it at home.

zombieslayer

Well honestly if going to WAR unfortunately I'd have a Beretta...:rolleyes:

But if I were allowed to choose from my weapons I'd go with my CZ52. I just trust it.

Buzzcook

There's not a lot of call for old fat men in the front lines.
If there were a war into which I was drafted, I'd be one of the guys way to the rear. Doubt if they'd even issue me a weapon.

Skadoosh

Of the three suitable candidates, my Sig P226.

I would be leaving my Colt Combat Commander and Glock 22 behind in the safe.

Young.Gun.612

Well, I only have the one pistol, so my sigma .40 would be the one to go with me. thank goodness I have over 2000 rounds through it without malfunction so I would readily stake my life on it. If I could pick and choose, I'd say either a CZ75B in 9mm or a Springfield GI 1911, as those are the two other pistols I have much recent experience with.

PSP

There's a long list that would suffice, but given a choice I'd pick the HK MK 23. It is accurate, very robust and light weight. Made for war, made for harsh elements, made to last.

OsOk-308

Something that operates well. I'd prefer a .45! And hi cap... Springfield XD? or FNP .45? Maybe even a high cap 1911. Springfield GI hicap.

pgdion

For me, I'll take my 92FS with 18rd magazines. And I'll take the magazines loaded with my 124gr FP's. :D

edit:
-----------------------
Oh wait, stuff I currently own? Dang, I'm stuck with 17rd magazines then.

Last edited:

Gunnut17

Being that I don't own any pistols,(due to my age:)) I would be stuck with a Crosman Stinger airsoft pistol, unless I shot someone with it and got a better(and real) gun.

BigJimP

My Wilson Combat CQB 1911 ( a 5" gun ) in .45 acp ...is my primary carry gun / so no reason to change it...

I'm old school ....

jephthai

Limiting me to what I actually own is a tough one. I guess it'd be my Smith model 625. My fighting revolver.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2