What's your favorite round to reload?

condor bravo

I suppose the larger mags like .375s, .416s, and .458s that I load down with Trail Boss powder and lead bullets for pleasant shooting. Impressive looking rounds that don't half way beat you to death.

mikld

I reload all my ammo as if I were entering a World Class Competition. My favorite handgun cartridge is .44 Magnum and I have 4 handguns in that cal. and one rifle. My favorite rifle for reloading is my M1 Garand in 30-06. Even though I know that all my "methods" aren't necessary, I like to reload them like that, I got the time...:D

schmellba99

I'm going to have to go with my .45-70. It's a great compromise between pistol and rifle - straight wall case, easy to do and it is somewhat satisfying to seat that 405 grain lead projo and finish out a nice roll crimp knowing that one day I'm going to be lobbing these artillery rounds at something or other.

Clark

I am into over 60 cartridges:
38 special easiest to reload
223 most fun to shoot
7mmRemMag best for hunting big game
22 CB short, best for short range varmint shooting in attic

ropegun2k

I load 9mm, 5.56, and .308. Hands down I enjoy running the 9mm on my dillon 1050. Spits out rounds stupid fast without having to hassle with trimming cases. When I decide to shoot I can throw together 1-300 rounds without delay.

condor bravo

Re: s99
yes I would also include the .45-70 to what I had previously mentioned. Load those down also for more comfortable shooting. Factory loads can almost be thought of as mini .458s. But with Trail Boss powder and a 360 gr moly coated lead bullet, they are definitely pleasant. But you need to get out with yours more often than "one day" as you indicate.

DeronW

I load a dozen handgun rounds, all straight walled. Favorite is 44 special. Very versatile round when handloaded.

5whiskey

Lot's of cool answers...

Like most others have said, revolver rounds are by far my favorite pistol cartridge to reload. Mostly because of the versatility, plus I like slow steady shooting with my .357 and hitting small coffee cans at 50 yards. Trying to get a 5" off-hand group at that distance but I haven't yet (1" per 10 yards = pistol moa IMO :)....).

I do like the wild cards like .45-70. That really does sound like the best of both worlds... especially if you cast.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm surprised honestly. I thought there would be more folks that look at pistol reloading like a chore. Especially semi-auto practice rounds. Of course, there are some that look at having to load center fire bottle neck cases like it's a chore, especially when chasing tiny groups. Shows how everyone is different I suppose.

USMC Vet

favorite round to reload

I reload for a lot of calibers, both rifle & handgun. I shoot far more handgun rounds than rifle. Reloading, to me, is both rewarding & relaxing, but I get a lot of pleasure from the 44's, both special & magnum. The 44 spl. is my favorite cartridge. It will do 95% of anything that needs to be done with a handgun.
USMC Vet

homesick

Depends on what rifle I'm working on :). No hand gun loading.
204 Ruger
222 Rem
223 Rem
22-250
243 Win
25-06
7mm-08
7mm mag
Right now it's the 308 Win I have a couple rifles I'm working with one being a 40XBR WOW is it fun to shoot.

5whiskey

What I figured, ONLY shotgun reloader...........

Fear not, other such strange creatures exist :). I have a buddy who loads for shotgun. I actually may start. I don't shoot shotgun enough, but have always enjoyed trap. I would like to get my 11 year old daughter involved, but she doesn't like the kick of a shotgun. She can handle the recoil of my heavy barelled Mossburg 835 12 gauge on a rest, but it's too heavy for her to hold up and shoot free hand at all, much less track a skeet. The light-weight single shot 20 gauge she can handle... until she pulls the trigger, then she doesn't like it so much :D.

Loading shotgun would let me load her some super light 20 gauge loads. I know she would love skeet shooting, it just isn't enjoyable for her now because of size/weight/recoil.