Whats your favorite Make, and its gun?! (pics would be great)

Best Make

• Beretta

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Colt

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Glock

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • HK

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Walther

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • SIG

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • S&W

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • CZ

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Ruger

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Kahr

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

KyJim

Really tough choice between SW and Colt. I actually have more Smiths but I I finally decided on Colt.

Here are a couple of Pythons:
Colt_PythonStainless_01.jpg

Colt_PythonBlue_01.jpg

Their little brothers, a Diamondback .38 and a .22:
ColtDiamondback1.jpg

Colt_Diamondback_22_01.jpg

The baby brother, a Cobra:
DSCN0825.jpg

Here's a cousin, an Officer's Model Match .38.
Colt_Officer_Model_Match_04a.jpg

And that's just revolvers.

FlyfishTom

Sig X-Five

I think Sig makes fantastic pistols but they don't have the one I want. I absolutely love my 9mm X-Five but it's uses are very limited and it is an expensive weapon. I do not like the DA/SA transition for either CCW or competition and they do not make a P226 or P229 in 9mm in SA only. They have a DA only trigger but I didn't see one in the P 226 or P 229 series and the one I tried on a P250 seems terribly long.

P99AS9

I have a Walther P99AS, PPS, PPK, PPK/S, P5, P38, P22, P88, P1, and PP. Mind you, I started my Walther collection when I was 18 and I will never stop. Walther all the way!!!

44 AMP

Staff
With all due respect...

The title of the thread
Whats your favorite Make, and its gun?!
and then the actual question and poll choices are somewhat at odds. You should have left one choice for "other".

You ask what my favorite is, and then limit me to current makers, when I might have a favorite that is no longer made. Like these;
AMP.jpg

3gun.jpg

or this one
DSCF0266.jpg

or may be something like this, which is still being made in some form, but not with this maker's name on it
DSCF0277.jpg

You really ought to take us oddballs into consideration when you put up a poll, just because we are at one end of the bell curve, doesn't mean we like being left out.:rolleyes: And you did ask for pics!

RANGER RICK

I really like S&W's .
Here is a picture of one of them . This is a S&W 460 PC XVR 14" .
A little hard to conceal carry .

RR

DSC00616.jpg

ChicagoTex

I chose Beretta, not necessarily because they are the "best guns ever" but because Beretta has a design flair that really makes me WANT most of their guns.
It's hard to describe, they're just very sexy and appealing to me.

Obligatory pic of my PX4:

PX4-1.jpg

Keltyke

In autos: Steyr M9A1 and S9, both 9mm.
In revolvers: S&W, Taurus, Rossi in .39 spcl or .357 mag.

This really isn't a fair poll since I haven't handled and shot ALL the brands and types. The next gun I pick up at a dealer's or gun show may become my newest "favorite".

Father Time

CZ because of the CZ52, CZ82/83, and of course the CZ75
They make excellent firearms... (and they don't cost an arm and a leg like some of the others on the list)

Erik

I'm partial to Colt 1911s, my self.

No Springfield option, let alone others left out? I'd still have voted Colt, but c'mon...

Buck Conner

Colt 1911 Combat Commander in 9mm.
mods: Wilson beavertail ., Wilson V-grip mainspring housing, McCormick sear spring, trigger and grips, and Wolff mainspring, recoil and firing pin springs. The result is a very comfortable and shootable gun that doesn't eat up my hand, looks good and conceals well, plus cheap to shoot.

Attachments

• Combat_Commander.jpg
    Combat_Commander.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 16

predecessor

Many worthy manufacturers listed. Overall, I chose Colt primarily because if money were no object I would have just about every handgun they produced. Narrowing down to a specific firearm I choose: the SAA.

My top five in order (based on the number of handguns by the manufacturer that I own and would like to own):

Colt
Beretta
Smith & Wesson
Taurus
(not on the poll but I like them)
Walther

PACKM

favorite make and it's gun

I brought and shot smith revolvers for years, For just plane accuracy the model 57 smith is as accurate as anything on the market. (That's out of the last three that I've had.)
thirty years ago you couldn't give me an automatic pistol.(.40 wasn't on the market then.)
I got back into pistols about seven years ago and found CZ. CZ's are in my opion the best bang for the buck out there. They are almost as accurate as the Smiths and are very, very relibiable. I had a round blow up in the chamber of a CZ champion. it took 30 minutes to get the gun apart and the case out of the chamber. the case blew out it's rim and blew down into the magazine. I cleaned up the gun, put it back together and kept shooting it that day. nothing broke on the gun. Try that with a H&K or Glock.
The standard CZ75B in .40S&W is a plane villie as any where. and it will shoot with any gun out there,(relibiably and accuracy). If I carried a pistol on my work, it would be my carrie gun.
But there are others that I like. the CZ 97B, any of the CZ85's, (I'm back up to four of them) The PO1 and the SPO1 are just unbeliebly good.( Accuracy and relibiably.)
I carry a CZ 82((9x18 makarov.) and its as accurate as just about anything in it's class.(three inch barrel) and yes, I've carried the Makarov pistol also,
Pat