What's your experience with Ruger rifles?

gyvel

10/22 purchased in 1965 and still going strong. Ruger Standard purchased in 1967 and still going strong. Bearcat purchased in 1967 and still going strong. Single Six purchased in 1970 and still going strong. All of which have had thousands of rounds put through them. Hey, I can't complain...

Singlesix1954

# 1-A 22-Hornet

My # 1-A shoots from the bench with handloads 3 shots and one ragged hole.
I also have a 10/22 "Rifle" not carbine, that I have custome built. It has the stainless 20 inch bbl that Ruger put on it before I bought it new @ Wally World. That gun shoots P-dogs and paper with very good results. I do like Ruger stuff, but I'm a gun guy not just a Ruger guy so don't dismiss this report as stable blind crap. My Win. M 70s are still King in this house.

bamaranger

more rugers

I believe I have more rugers than any other single mfg.
-early 77v 22-250 sub moa
-77MkII stainless/syn 7.62x39 1.5 m0a
-77/22 stainless/syn 3/4" or less at 50 w/ any ammo tried
-early 10/22 1" at 50 most ammo
-early mini 30 3 moa and shot a bunch
-early old model .44carbine 3moa w/ light bullets, 6 w240
-1980 old model .44 " "

The x39, 10/22 and 77/22 all needed trigger improvement.
The auto rifles have been reliable as bricks.
Nobody has made the equivalent of the auto .44's
The stainless x39 is unique as well.
My newest Ruger is the x39 mk II
Got some handguns also.

tater134

My father let me hunt with his M77 in .270 when I first started hunting and its a great rifle and has killed alot of deer over the years.Its one of the older models with iron sights and the tang safety and with handloads its capable of shooting some amazing groups.

The Tourist

I owned one of their heavy barreled 77s in 22-250 for prairie dogs.

With a leupold scope and a carefully crafted handload (just a smidge taken off the powder charge, perhaps delivering 3500 FPS) I once placed a bullet through the spout of a soda can and out the bottom at 200 yards. Granted, from a solidly built bench on concrete, utilizing a Harris bi-pod at a gun club.

The action and trigger were box stock.

I had the same rifle in .243 Win. While not as precise, I could hit quarters at that distance. I consistantly shot groups which never touched into a perfect cloverleaf, but were darn close.

If need arises, I'd buy that same model again.