What's up with anti-Palin bias in the Mass Media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webleymkv

Quote:
What's wrong with teaching Creationism so long as it's presented as a theory and not fact?

Because it is not based on fact at all. It is based on faith. It is not science it is religion. There is already a place to teach it and it is called church. Should we also teach the Muslim or Buddhist faiths in public schools?

But Evolution is not a scientific fact since it's never been proven. As far a teaching Muslim or Buddhist faiths, as far as creation goes most organized religions are actually fairly similar. Simply teaching that many religions believe that the universe was created by an intelligent, divine power greater than ourselves would be what I would support. I see no need to go into great detail as far as one religion or another is concerned because, as you said, that's the responsibility of parents and churches. However, to present Evolution as fact and make no mention of other theories is just as bad.

Did you even bother to try and verify it yourself or are you finding it easier to play the "intellectual laziness" game. All that is easily found from the associated press since it was part of public speeches made by Palin.

It is generally accepted in academic circles to support one's own arguments rather than rely on others to do it for you. That is why it is required to cite one's sources when creating an academic work. You say others are playing the "intellectual laziness" game, yet you refuse to support your own statements. You expect others to do what you are unwilling to do yourself.

I am also getting a bit confused by some people. Are you taking the stance that she is NOT a devoutly christian woman?

I am not saying that she is or is not. I'm simply pointing out that you haven't proved it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.