What's the attraction

berkmberk1

As my experience with them grows, I see my calibers diminishing........I'd next like to try an 1849. If anyone saw National Treasure Book of Secrets, wasn't that what Boothe's compatriot used to shoot Ben Gate's greatgrandfather? :confused:

I'd also like to eventually add a Paterson................but I can't understand why they cost so much, unless its because they don't sell as many.......:confused::confused:

And finally......................................if they made them both in .44 ................I'd be happy as a clam.......:eek: ..;)..:D

Hawg

'd also like to eventually add a Paterson................but I can't understand why they cost so much, unless its because they don't sell as many.......

I don't imagine the market for them is very big and the folding trigger requires extra work. The barrel wouldn't require as much work because they can leave out the entire loading lever process but it's still a departure from standard machining. The five shot cylinder would be a specialty job too. Just my guess.

CraigC

The original Patersons suffered from reliability problems so I can't imagine it's easy to make one that works as well as most people would expect them to.