What's happening with Marlin?

TruthTellers

Who knows? Maybe we will see the 10-22 get microgroove rifling.... or a version of the model 60 that utilizes a 10-22 magazine.... A 795 with a Walnut stock would be a good thing...Let's all hope for good surprises.
No microgroove rifling in these first Ruger Marlin rifles. Kind of expected that would happen, maybe Ruger will bring it back for a distributor exclusive, but otherwise I think microgroove rifling...

R.10babe778d9b7867352e0a567247208d

Jim Watson

Springfield has been out of Brazil for some years now. They say "Made in USA" but that might be a bit elastic on rough forging procurement.

FrankenMauser

They say "Made in USA" but that might be a bit elastic on rough forging procurement.
All they have to do is one finishing operation and some assembly.
*Poof*
Goes from 'made in 16 different countries outside of the US' to "Made in USA".

FITASC

The best British gun makers use the same method. Whoever gets to put the last file stroke finishing the gun gets to say where it was made. Guns saying "Made in London" commanded the highest of prices as opposed to Made in Birmingham or Portugal or wherever.

Armybrat

Incorrect about SA ‘s 1911s are being made in Brazil.
The SA GI was made in Brazil and imported, but the current 1911 models are made in Illinois.
The GI was discontinued years ago. I had one (marked Imbel) in stainless, and It was a nice quality pistol & very reliable. My son owns it now.