What's a good, but cheap digital scale?

shredder4286

I'm thinking about putting my RCBS 5-0-5 on the back burner and getting a digi scale for convenience. Anyone have reccomendations for a fairly priced model?

I was looking at the Frankford Arsenal DS-750 and wondered whether anyone could sway me to buy or not.

P.S.- I've had 2 seperate models of the Hornady GS 1500s, and I couldn't get either of them to read consistently. Thanks

ssilence

This is the one that I am using.

http://www.eabco.com/electronicpowderscale.htm

I purchased it from this website. The exact model I got was the 011-JSX100X (1540 gr Scale) for $32. I have checked it against my Lee Scale multiple times, and it has always been right on. In addition, I check it against RCBS Check Weights before each reloading session, and it always right on.

It is the same one that BrianEnos sells for half the price.

acb

My friend and I both use the Frankford one it works great and it is priced right midway usually puts it on sale every other month

rebs

I use the Frankford one from Midway usa, I believe it was on sale for 19.99 when I bought it. It works great.

FrankenMauser

What's a good, but cheap digital scale?
You're selling yourself short and asking for trouble, with that combination of terms - "good", "cheap", "digital".

Pay for quality, or go mechanical (balance beam).

Cheap digital scales cannot be trusted, nor can many scales that were not designed for reloading purposes (they have trouble dealing with trickled charges).

MEATSAW

I have an MTM digital scale that I got from graf's for around $30. I have double checked it against a lee scale and it is right on. It makes things much easier.

BuckRub

I prefer the 5-0-5 myself over any and all digitals. Got a new digital give to me after my best friend passed. Never used it and sold for 300 on eBay. Not my cup of tea. Too many things to be inaccurate I prefer mechanical.

rajbcpa

i do not like using mechanical scales and wonder why they are included in so many kits.....

i use a digital scale that cost $50 and it is fast and accurate.

boondocker385

I have the Frankford 750 but I always check it against weights and my 5-0-5. It is usually dead on but it has been off....it appears that stormy weather(with llightning) is responsible but I don't have enough data points to prove that...

Bamashooter

I use a RCBS 510 scale but always doublecheck them with a set of digital scales from Jennings scales and they are very good scales that have served me well the last 2yrs.

trobin

I've used the lil Frankfort the last couple times I loaded 223 and randomly checked it against my 505. Good enough for plinking rounds.

BusterValentine

I have the Frankford scale from Midway and I hate the damn thing. I wish I would have plunked the money down for a nicer scale. It works, but my rule of thumb is to put the charge on the scale and count 5 Mississippi because the first number you see changes after a few seconds.