What would it take to abandon your AR15?

Joe-ker

If I lost both my arms in a farm accident I'd still keep mine:D

But seriously if and when something better comes along I won't be one to jump on it. I'm never the first with new things. I'll prolly end up with many more ARs since they will now be obsolete and super CHEAP. Parts/accessories galore is heaven to me.

rickyrick

I for one will be glad when the 5.56 debate is finally put to rest. Then everyone can start arguing that whatever 6.XXmm replaced it isn’t good enough.

COSteve

Actually not much. While I've got both a scoped RRA 20" A4 I setup for longer range 'apple shooting' and an RRA mid-length 14.7" lightweight w/soldiered A2 FH carbine, I'm not very fond of either and bring my tweaked 583 Series Mini-14 Ranch Rifle most times to the range.

Even though I had an M16 in RVN, I find that the ARs are too bulky and I'm not a fan of the whole 'plastic and aluminum' thing. I even added real walnut furniture to my 20" rifle to get away from it. However, it's still bulky and awkward compared to the more traditional Mini.

Besides, the Mini has the same manual of arms as my M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and M1A so I'm much more comfortable with it. My conventional mil arms coupled with my 8 leverguns are much more coveted in my collection.

stagpanther

I for one will be glad when the 5.56 debate is finally put to rest. Then everyone can start arguing that whatever 6.XXmm replaced it isn’t good enough.
Yeah--but what about 300 black out and it's pistol brace; what do you have to say about THAT.:rolleyes:

rickyrick

Lol at that :)

I’ve considered bullpups, I think they are kinda neat. A longer barrel in a shorter overall package makes sense.
The sticking point to me is the receiver location; I don’t want the receiver of a semiautomatic one inch closer to my face than what a traditional rifle is.
Probably an unfounded fear, but that’s how I feel.