What type of targets do you practice with?

armedtotheteeth

Often I use Milk jugs or V8 Juice bottles full of water. For the long range stuff. for 400 yards or better. For the short range stuff ( 100 yards at least) , I use 12 gauge shells jammed in holes in the target( Yes, live ones) Makes for a fun bang. STAND BACK IF YOU DO IT!!

WhyteP38

Depends on the kind of shooting I'm doing. For working on accuracy at long range (100 yards) with my rifles using iron sights, I shoot target clays. They're cheap at WalMart. And you know immediately when you hit one without having to use a spotter scope. :D

For working on accuracy with my pistols, I use either 4x6 or 3x5 index cards, depending on the distance I'm shooting at.

For working on self-defense with either my rifles or pistols, I made my own target stands so I could use life-size targets that I buy from www.letargets.com. I prefer the IALEFI-QR, IALEFI-QR(B), IALEFI-QR(C), IALEFI-QR(D) type targets that you can find here (scroll down a little more than halfway): http://www.letargets.com/html/targets4.html

However, LETargets has tons of other targets for all kinds of things, so if you don't like what I posted above, you should be able to find something to suit your needs.

davlandrum

Place where we used to go shoot 22s degenerated into an absolute dump. Back then (when I was young and stupid), I didn't think anything about it, but we never hauled new stuff in, there was always enough there to reposition stuff and shoot.

We use clay pidgeons if we are off a range and want to set up a walking course (simulated hunting).

I took one of those swinging reset steel targets (the heavy duty one for up to a -06) to deer camp for pistol practice and was very happy with it.