• Shotgun

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Black Powder( All types)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • No particular preference.

Votes: 23 18.0%

• Total voters

Lennyjoe

Rifles during hunting season, Shotguns during bird season, Bows during hunting season and ASA tournaments and pistols all the time.

Lennyjoe

Oh yea, I forgot. After June, nothing for a year. Got orders to Korea and cant take anything. At least I'll have a computer to keep in touch with TFL. A year without talking guns online would be murder.

Bob Locke

My typical trip to the range will include the following, at a minimum:

G21, G19
Ruger 10/22
Savage 10FP (.308)
AR-15

Going to try to learn how to shoot trap and skeet this spring/summer, so a good shotgun is in my near future. It, too, will be added to the list.

Guess I'm one o' them "no preference" types. :D

chaim

The first gun I bought was a .22 rifle with the intention of mainly being a rifle shooter and only owning one or two handguns. I now have several rifles (3 are .22lr) but, other than the .22s, I don't shoot them much, especially this time of year. The indoor ranges only allow pistol caliber rifles and during the winter I don't get to the outdoor ranges much. Even if it isn't too cold, when the range closes an hour before sunset and sunset is at 5 or even 4:30 it is hard to find time to shoot. So the only rifles I can shoot regularly are my .22s and, frankly, they can be a little boring, especially at a max of 25 yards. I may get a M1 Carbine and .357 mag or .44 mag lever gun so I have more to shoot and more interesting things to shoot at the indoor ranges.

I have a blackpowder revolver that I love. Unfortunately, there is only one local range where I can really shoot it. All but the one indoor range do not allow blackpowder. The local public outdoor ranges (in addition to the problems above) only have a couple blackpowder lanes, and they are rifle ranges (don't think my revolver would do very well). That indoor range I only go to alone. It is hard to get my buddies to go 45min-1hr away to go shooting when there is a range about 15-20min away and they have no interest in blackpowder. Even when it is just me, I'm more likely to go to the closer range and not get to shoot this. So this one isn't shot often.

I had a shotgun that I loved. I do intend to replace it but, again, there is the problem of where to shoot (it was/will be a shorter barreled home defense gun, not a trap/skeet gun). The outdoor ranges only allowed me to shoot slugs, but if I want to shoot a rifle I'll shoot a rifle. Plus, slugs don't do me much good for practice when it is a home defense gun. Only one local indoor range allows the use of a shotgun. It is the same range that allows blackpowder, so again, the same problems. Also, they only allow lead 00 buckshot. Unfortunately, that seems to be the least common shotgun loading around here.

So, while I enjoy them all, handguns win by default. Whichever range I go to allows them (all local ranges I know of allow magnum ammo, unlike some I've read about) so they get the most use. Luckily, I really like my handguns. In fact, they've become my favorite guns, though that is likely because they are the ones I get the most experience with.

Poodleshooter

I shoot everything mentioned, plus a bow. All of them badly, as I never get enough time with one weapon, before I lose proficiency with the others :)
I've deduced from this the fact that I need to shoot more.

Hemicuda

If it creates the wonderful smell of burnt gunpowder, and makes a noise, while punching holes in something, it is a good thing to shoot...

I shoot ALL you have listed...

heck, even the ones that use compressed air, and DON'T creat that wonderful smell are fun... (like my Beeman)

USMCsilver

I tend to shoot whatever my wallet allows.

If I can get a decent bit of a certain kind of ammo at a good price, then that is what I am going to shoot.

However, I do tend to enjoy skeet/trap/sporting clays the most. It is always a bunch of fun to get some buddies together and have a nice competition busting clays.

As far as pistols go, I rarely shoot those. They just don't do it for me like ARs or FALs do. The only reason I shoot those is to make sure I can still use my CWP if there is ever a need.

coonan357

I pistol shoot mostly , but I also shoot Rifles , I have a 100 year old Lebel that I like to shoot a lever action 92 rossi in .357 , And I just bought a 10/22 . I was told that I was supposed to buy that one first, I have also aquired a 12 gauge semi auto shot gun but I am not to thrilled with one of these, but the price was right . free . :D

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Pistol or Handgun?

I voted for pistol shooter; but I shoot a revolver equally
as well.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

ojibweindian

I shoot my rifle, pistol, and shotgun as often as possible in order to be a proficient shooter. Sometimes that means alot of range work, and sometimes that means alot of dry-firing at my "spot" on the bedroom wall.

pdmoderator

I voted for pistol shooter; but I shoot a revolver equally as well.
Huh? I thought a revolver WAS a pistol.

Me: Semiauto pistol only, unless I'm shooting with other folx or feel like renting.

- pdmoderator.