Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Black Powder( All types)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • No particular preference.

Votes: 23 18.0%

• Total voters

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Like many city dwellers and suburbanites...

...it's just more convenient for me to go to an indoor pistol range than to trek someplace where I can break out my rifles.

The rifles get shot three or four times a year, while the pistols get used once every week or two.

12-34hom

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

I shoot Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, but theres nothing as sweet as shooting sub MOA groups out of a fine varmint rig at long range.

12-34hom.

WOLV314

I am mainly a handgun shooter now. I would love to get back into rifle , but only when I could afford a membership at a range that permits using one.:(

Calamity Jane

Rifle, pistol, shotgun, blackpowder?

All of the above! :D

Hubby and I are members of a local rod and gun club that has a well-nigh 300 yard rifle/pistol range, and quite literally, we have a blast.

Torquemada

Thanks to my wonderful father-in-law, I now have at least one of each, but I'm waiting for warmer weather to use the blackpowder rifle for the first time. One indoor range allows 22LR as well as pistols, the other allows centerfire rifles as long as there's no steel-jacketed ammo; unfortunately my trap range is likely closing this year due to political pressure. Gonna have to road trip to Bristol, WI to use all my toys.

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
I'm mostly a pistol shooter; I don't even hunt that much anymore. But I'm hoping to join an outdoor club at the end of the month and thus have a better chance to shoot rifles. My indoor range did install a rifle-rated backdrop a couple of months ago, so last night when I took my friend shooting we took dad's AR15 (Never purchase that which you can borrow from your relatives.)
We had a blast with it even at 25 yards against paper.

OJ

Needed more choices. Shoot two rifles and three pistols on a weekly schedule, weather permitting. And it usually does.

:rolleyes: :D

Bulldog44

I tend to favor handguns and shotguns when I shoot. I'm blessed to have plenty of room for me to engage in my hobbies, and the neighbors I do have tend to do their own shooting every so often. The sound of gunfire in this area is rather common: lots of hunting, target practice, varmint control, etc. (but no crimes committed with one - the only crime committed with a firearm was around 10 years ago), going on. .

I sometimes use a rifle too, but not very often. I only own one (a .22 WMR), and someday I hope to move up to more powerful models.

AR-10

The only firearm type I don't enjoy shooting is black powder. Never tried one.

The thought of having to clean a gun by pouring hot soapy water down the tube creeps me out.:eek: