What to do with broken gun?

R_P_K_

An it not be welded? I mean, many firearms are made from demilled firearms that are welded back whole. Maybe it being a slide presents a problem?

Jim Watson

An it not be welded?

Sure it could. A guy here was very fond of a particular pistol, wore out three of them. The last is still kept ready to hand with the slide welded back together. He now does his volume shooting with a different make, though.

But I doubt a FFL gunsmith would take on the liability, the guy here probably had his done down at the garage, from the looks.

Alan0354

CZ 97b. Two broken barrel bushings, two broken barrel lugs, now the slide broke right behind the thin spot at the extractor.

CZ USA has no more spare slides as they aren't made anymore, worn't warranty as it's been modified (1911 bushing conversion).

Posted on three different boards, nobody has a spare slide.
Move on, so many new guns for reasonable price. Why even fix a broken gun? Be very careful about the safety if you try to weld parts back, it's a lot of pressure firing the gun, you don't want it to fly apart when you shoot. There usually a reason the gun broke, too many round went through it is one of them. Even if you fix this one, other new problem might show up later.

I do some gun smithing, BUT I never try to fix broken parts, either I can buy a brand new part to replace it or I junk the gun. Move on. Save the money for the new one.