What Scope for AR15?

bn12gg

I have a Colt AR15 match target -- with a Leupold 6× 18 scope. For bench shooting it is wonderful. Shoots lights out at significant distances.

.02. David. :)

Arub

I put a Nikon P223 3-9X40 on mine. Crisp and clear, graduated to 600 yards, 1/4" per click adjustment at 100 yards. Works great, for me, and I didn't have to break the bank to pay for it.

Chipperman

Most of mine have red dots, but I do have one with a Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x20 and another with a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24. I’m very happy with both of those. The Strike Eagle is illuminate which is cool for low light shooting

Willie Lowman

I am very impressed with the trijicon accupowers and accupoints. I own an accupower 1-8x and have been very happy with it.

I am considering getting a accupoint 1-4x with the post/triangle reticle for another rifle.

While these scopes are above the OP's $599 price limit when new, I have seen them in that range used.

Crankylove

I’m building a .338 Federal right now, it’ll be getting a 2-7, 1” Redfield Revolution with the accu-range reticule. I’ve got the same scope in a 4-12 on my ‘06, and there a few more 3-9’s, and a 2-7 in the family. We’ve had good luck with them, I think it’s pretty good scope for the money.

gedenke

I have several ARs for different purposes.

On my AR10 I have a Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 with mil dots. (nice scope for the money, may get upgraded later to a 10x, but it's fine for now)

On my 16" 3-gun rig, I run a Primary Arms 1-8x24 w/ ACSS reticle. ($320 on eBay)

A couple of my plinking/HD ARs have Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dots. These little sights are awesome and can be found for $100-125. Bombproof, and great battery life thanks to automatic shutoff/startup. I have them on my 300 BLK pistol, my 9mm PCC pistol, and a couple 16" lightweight rigs.