What needs to be in the well-rounded gun cabinet?

tshadow6

every gun cabinet should have...

One rifle, one shotgun, one handgun. Once you've obtained those three, you can start expanding.

Duxman

Weapons Locker contents....

Primary HD weapon:
12 ga pump or auto shotgun.

Secondary HD weapon:
Full size handgun in .357 magnum, .45, .40 or 9mm
with tac light optional

Rifle:
5.56mm, 7.62mm and up - bolt, semi or full auto.

Plinking weapon:
.22 LR pistol or rifle.

The rest is optional:
extra CCW - pistol in 9mm or .40, or .45
micro handgun: .22, .25, .380 9mm mak
"Fun" gun - carbine in 9mm or .40 depending on your preference
Big bore rifle - I prefer lever action in .45-70 or .300 Win mag bolt action

Pretty soon you'll need another cabinet.

Don P

Well rounded

pistol cabinet, lets see here what's in our box,

Beretta 25 auto
Ruger 22/45 Bull bbl 22lr blue
( 2 ) Taurus 941ulb 22-mag
S&W model 10 snub nose 38spl blue
Sig Sauer P232 380 blue
S&W model 649 Bodyguard 357 ss
Colt Python 6" bbl 357 Blue
S&W model 459 9mm blue
Springfield Armory 1911 45 acp parkerized
Davis Derringer in 38spl blue
and we'll see what the next trip to our friendly dealer has that catch the old peepers:cool: Maybe a XD 9mm? Ah yes!

44 AMP

Staff
Well rounded

My collection is like me, so "well rounded" it's overweight. Hey, I'm in shape! round is a shape!:D

You want a little of everthing, for fun. First take care of covering all the bases, then add spice to season to taste.

Small game gun; handgun, rifle, shotgun
Big game gun; handgun, rifle, shotgun
Varmint gun;
Plinker/training gun;handgun/rifle
personal defense weapons; handgun, rifle, shotgun
militia weapon; rifle
Bird gun; shotgun

I think that pretty much covers the basic categories. Of course, some guns cover serveral of these categories. Choose which ones you think will apply best to your situation. For example, If you don't hunt birds, no need for a dedicated bird gun. Any shotgun can cover all the shotgun uses, in a pinch. Generally 12ga is best overall, unless you have to fit someone small, and recoil sensitive (and even then 12ga can do, with considrations).
Don't do much bench shooting, don't hunt varmints, don't really need a varmint rifle. You already seem to have a pretty good idea.

I would suggest, a rifle and a handgun capable of taking deer size game. Just to have, in case. A carbine in one of your pistol calibers is a lot of fun also, and can do good service in the field, if the range is not too long. I like the Marlins, the levers, not the camp carbine.

Lots of good choices already posted. Pick what floats your boat. But get a militia rifle. Every citizen should have one. If you're not into military style, a deer rifle will do. Just have something.

Ruger Single action revolvers are pretty nice, the convertables can be a lot of fun. .357 can be had with a cylinder for 9mm, and .45 Colt with a cylinder for .45 ACP. I got one of the .45s, so I could shoot ACP ammo, and not chase brass, and got hooked on the .45 Colt cartridge. And consider th ultimate multicaliber fun gun. A Contender. A single shot sounds like a let down, if you are used to Hi-cap autos, and such, but they are a lot of fun, challenging, and unbelievably accurate. Also addicting. I have half a dozen barrels for mine. Enjoy.

"Be weary of the man with one gun" ???? Shouldn't it be "wary"?
and,

Phased plasma rifles come with a Kung Fu grip? where can I get one of those? Or is it aftermarket?:D