What is Your Favorite 45 Caliber Handgun Cartridge?

What is Your Favorite 45 Caliber Handgun Cartridges

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gas Bag

I have a .45 Auto, and I may get another one, because I have faith in them.
A Springfield XD would be good.There are so many different guns now, that’s it’s a little frustrating trying to pick one.

But this gun keeps popping up in my mind as a good one.

8717-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Last edited:
Gas Bag, I kick myself in the tail selling mine. I still have one in .40SW. That's one of my favorite platforms.

If I were a serious reloader with firearms in all of those choices, I would probably have a different answer. With that, I have to be like most others and say I like the .45ACP best. It's such a versatile cartridge, a lot of fun to shoot, and plenty of recipes to load.

44 AMP

Staff
I have .45ACP's semis, (Colt and Browning BDA) several Ruger SA revolvers in .45Colt, (a couple with ACP cylinders as well) and a couple of semi autos that shoot the .45 Win Mag (one gas operated one recoil operated), and I have barrels for my Contender for all those cartridges as well.
Also had a .45acp semi auto Tommy gun, but I passed that on to my son a few years ago...kinda miss it, oh well...;)

Don't have any of the bigger .45 caliber cases, don't have a use for them
which is not the same as saying there is no use for them, :rolleyes:

I've had a .45 caliber handgun of my own of some type since 1980, and won't be without one.

stagpanther

I have a .45 Auto, and I may get another one, because I have faith in them.
A Springfield XD would be good.There are so many different guns now, that’s it’s a little frustrating trying to pick one.

But this gun keeps popping up in my mind as a good one.
I have that same XD, old faithful, great shooter and still my nightstand gun of choice. I'll never part company with mine (willingly).

44caliberkid

I voted for 45 ACP because that is what I shoot the most of. Most of my CAS weapons are 44 caliber, but I do shoot some 45 Colt and Schofield.