What is Your Favorite 45 Caliber Handgun Cartridge?

What is Your Favorite 45 Caliber Handgun Cartridges

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Savvy_Jack

I'm sure I missed a few and hope to be able to add them...we'll see.

Nope, unable to add once posted!

Last edited:

Centurion

I'm sure I missed a few and hope to be able to add them...we'll see.

Nope, unable to add once posted!
Hard to make a choice. I love this caliber, from 450 Adams to 454 Casull...each one has its merits and limitations.

Enviado desde mi MAR-LX3A mediante Tapatalk

std7mag

I chose two, but for very different platforms.

45ACP for my 1911.
And 45 Colt for a lever action carbine.

What's the difference between .45 Schofield and .45 Short Colt? I thought the term ".45 Short Colt" was created to describe the .45 Schofield rounds when used in an 1873 SAA.

Savvy_Jack

What's the difference between .45 Schofield and .45 Short Colt? I thought the term ".45 Short Colt" was created to describe the .45 Schofield rounds when used in an 1873 SAA.

There is no such thing as a 45 Short Colt....which means..... ;-)

Seedy Character

I SHOOT more ACP. 1911 and a Vaquero. Vaquero and Henry rifle in .45 Colt

Would love a .460, Super Blackhawk or S&W and a lever. S, L, LR capable; 45C, .454Casull, or .460.
Mostly likely shooting .45C 95%, .454C 4%, and .460 1%. A true, anything in North America round.

A Remlin 1894 would be awesome. Henry could do it, too.

FairWarning

If I were a reloader, probably .45 Colt. But since I'm not (yet), it's .45 ACP for all the great guns and loads it's available in.

I'm generally satisfied with my .357 Mag (7.5" Blackhawk Bisley) when I want power and range, so I haven't really gotten into the big bore hand cannons. But some day I plan to get another Bisley in either .45 Colt or .44 Mag.