What is your Favorite .22 Revolver?

FLA2760

Hi Everyone
What is your favorite .22 LR revolver for target/plinking? I just got a Taurus model 94 ultralite. It is a nine shot.22LR and I am loving it!
Steve :D

dogngun

I recently bought an old (1963) Smith & Wesson K-22. I love shooting it, and haven't let a week go by without shooting it. I plan on improving enough to hunt small game with it, although I will have to get new glasses to do it. It's better than I am.

Enjoy.

Mark

Easy E

Ruger single six

What a solid, good shooting revolver. I've had mine for 20 years, and my dad had it for 10 before giving it to me. It still shoots just as well as when I was a kid.

LHB1

S&W M617 6 shot stainless revolver with action job and incredibly good single action trigger pull. I foolishly let a friend talk me out of it several years ago and then bought a S&W M41. It is also a fine .22 pistol although not a revolver.

Good shooting and be safe.
LB

BigBoar

S&W Model 18 K frame with action job (7.75 pound DA pull and 2.5 pound SA). Still wish I had the nickel Colt Diamondback if for no other reason could have sold it for an arm and leg now that the prices have taken off on them. It even weighed a couple of ounces less than the 18. The 18 had the better trigger, though.

tulsamal

I like both the K-22 and Ruger MKII for handgun hunting and serious paper punching. But my favorite .22 revolver for trying to become a better and better shot is my S&W M63. The little four inch J frames are much harder to shoot well than a larger frame gun. I was hitting all over the place with mine when I first brought it home. But a lot of range sessions has smoothed that out. A smaller gun isn't forgiving. You hold it a different way every shot, you don't get groups. You don't execute the trigger pull the same and deliberate way each shot, no groups. You don't really bear down and watch every molecule of that front sight, no groups.

It's a trainer par excellence. I shoot more rounds through it every month right there in my driveway than any other gun I own.

Gregg

OldFart

Until I find the $$ for a nice K-22, I'm enjoying the heck outta a pristine 34-1 and a used but not abused M63.

boa2

Here's my favorite .22(Model 63-0):
cb471a2a.jpg

216ea3b6.jpg

9abe4193.jpg

2e11d8e3.jpg
:eek: :D

ltdave

my first was a ruger single six with a 6-1/2" barrel so its got a little sentiment to it but ive added a smith M34 and an M18...

the 34 is just so cute but the 18 handles a bit better being 'full sized'...

only 22 revos i own...

a guy came into the local shop just the other day when i was there with a poor LOOKING diamonback. shop offered him $200 to buy outright. he declined. im a bit cash poor right now or i would have thought harder about it. $200 is about all i would have wanted to pay myself. it was filthy dirty and had what looked like pitting on the barrel between the markings and the muzzle...

david