What is the most under-rated semiauto???

Hoppy

I have to cast my vote for Makarov. It has exceeded all expectations so far.

.. of course, you could always choose to recount my vote if you don't like it.

Rob96

Just to put in my $.02. I will give another vote for the Ruger P-Series. My P94 is more accurate than any 9mm I have owned or shot, and that is including the Beretta 92. But that is just for me. I will also give another vote for the Bersa Series 95. This gun truly amazes me, and to think I paid $180 for it N.I.B.

mikey357

My two cents' worth: Any Ruger P-Series auto, esp. the P-95 and P-97; Kel-Tec P-11; Makarov; CZ75 and CZ85...all very good weapons, all under-rated and all EXCELLENT buys!!!....mikey357 OOPS! Almost forgot the Bersa .380...very good piece for the $$$

[Edited by mikey357 on 11-27-2000 at 11:23 PM]

Mike H

Bersa Thunder Lite in .380 ACP.

Almost identical to the previously mentioned Series 95 but a little more modern in design and lighter in weight (I think). Superb PPK copy available in a choice of 3 finishes, superb accuracy, as reliable as pistols costing 3 or 4 times as much. Cost - can be had for $160 NIB, every old lady and unaccompanied female should be issued with one and 50 rounds of 102gr Golden Sabers.

Mike H

DAL

I nominate the Makarov. It's a great little pistol at an almost unbelievable price (although the price was better when I bought mine in early 1994). Is it perfect? No, but it's extremely reliable, accurate, and user friendly.

Kahrs are also great, but I don't think they are underrated; I've read a lot of good press about them.
DAL

Rivrrat

Rugers, Maks, and Keltecs. Also, I keep hearing good things about Charles Daly 1911 clones. I think next time I go to the range I might rent one and see for myself.

Oleg Volk

Staff Alumnus
Russian Tokarev?

Very flat reliable gun with a decent trigger. However, it has no safety while the Norinko version with a safety isn't as reliable.

joebogey

From the replies in this thread, we may have to ask the owner to start a mak forum.Maybe put it right between "general discussion" and "legal and political".hehehe
I love it when a plan comes together!

Jody Hudson

Makarov Forum!!!

Makarov.com is a great information site BUT the discussion is nearly unusable compared to the software we use here.

As I have said many times in many places... I consider the Makarov the finest military/police/defense/carry pistol ever made!!! The Walther P5 Kompac is certainly FINE as are several of the others mentioned here. In fact I consider the P5K almost as good as the Makarov... but it is about 7 times more expensive.

I would love to see, if not a Makarov forum... at least those of us who are familiar with - and thus love - the Makarov can introduce others to the amazingly wonderful 9x18 Makarov.

Rev. Makarov
Pastor of the
Makarovian Church of America
(at least that is what I'm accused of by many who know me ;)