What is the most under-rated semiauto???

Mr. Pub

Almost everyone knows about Glocks, Kimbers, HK's and Sig's, but how about the others? What am I overlooking?

I have the feeling that many good guns aren't widely owned because of marketing, dealers not carrying them, etc.

What would you say is the most under-rated semiauto pistol that you would recommend for others to add to their collection?

CMOS

The Walther P5 Compact.

Only a few make it to this country but these pistols, IMHO, are the finest 9mm carry gun made today.

See my web site for a few pics of the P5c.

CMOS

In general, Rugers.

People seem to sneer at them because they're cheap and ungainly looking.

But, fact of the matter is, they work, and work well.

Shin-Tao

Ruger service autos

Anything CZ

EAA line of pistols

Hi-point 45. (go try one before laughing. I was surprised)

Bersa .380s

Polymer P-Series Rugers...

In general, these guns have great accuracy, triggers, very good ergonomics, etc and a low price included!

My Ruger P97 will outshoot BOTH Sig Sauers I own. That is saying a lot since Sigs are tackdrivers.

[Edited by Quantum Singularity on 11-30-2000 at 12:00 AM]

BigG

P08 German Ruger, er, Luger!

The original (and still the best!) 9mm. Don't need no accuracy job, will hold a 4" group with 50 shots -- better if you're a better shot.

Jody Hudson

Makarov, by far. The Makarov in 9x18 is perhaps the finest pistol at any price for defense; as it is small, light, accurate and DEPENDABLE!!!! If the Makarov was still over $1,000 as it was 15 years ago, it would get a lot more respect now. But since the Commies dumped bazillions of them on the market and flooded the American market with them, the prices have plummeted and stayed down, we can buy them for $200 or less.

Next would be the CZ

BobCA

What Quantum said. All Rugers, but mostly the P95/97s. My P97 is just as good as my SIGs & Glock (If not better). CZs would be runner-up. JMNSHO.

Dave R

FEG

The FEG PJK-9HP is a great clone of the Browning Hi-Power. Here have been several threads at TFL extolling their virtues. Made in Hungary. Imported by KBI. I've seen NIB prices from $199 to $250. Parts-compatible with the BHP, so you get access to all the add-ons & spare parts & gunsmiths.

A truly great value.

FEG also makes a clone of the PPK that is well-regarded. I own both and am very pleased.

rblack

Lets not forget about Taurus, I know they get a bad rap, but for the most part they are very good guns and have the best warranty in the business.