What is the ideal weapon for vehicle in your opinion?

What is the ideal weapon for vehicle in your opinion?

• SMG/Machine pistols

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • Revolver

Votes: 44 25.9%
  • Semiautomatic pistol

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Automatic rifle (select fire)

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Shotgun

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Bolt or Lever action rifles

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

bigghoss

35718.gif

rantingredneck

My personal choices are a 6" Ruger GP100 and 18" Remington 870. Given my circumstances my need for a vehicle gun runs the gamut from urban jungle to actual jungle (well, more like eastern swamps and mountain forests). I expect my truck guns to be able to fend off hostile 2 and 4 legged predators and feed me in a pinch. Between these two, with a selection of ammo covering the power spectrum afforded by both, I feel like I have my bases fairly well covered. Add in the fact that generally there'll be a .38 or smaller .357 that I'll be carrying and they're really well covered.

For you my friend, given the geopolitical circumstances you find yourself living amongst I'd want something a little higher capacity than what I need in my neck of the woods........

Doc TH

vehicle weapon

I notice the original question came from Pakistan, so are we talking about an in the vehicle PDW in Pakistan or in the U.S.?
In Pakistan I would want two guys in the backseat - one with an AK-47 and one with an M-79. I, in the front seat, would have an Uzi. I am not joking.
In the U.S. I would be comfortable with any of a number of reliable SA pistols - Glock, Sig, FN, etc. - or with a good DA revolver in .357 mag caliber.

booker_t

82mm direct/indirect fire automatic mortar would be a top choice..

HMMWV.JPG

But I like that AR-pistol. Load it up with some steel-core armor-piercing rounds and you're off to the races.

chrisbarcelo

A Colt 1911 with one in the pipe, hammer cocked and locked. Its my carry gun and "vehicle gun" at the same time. Along with one spare magazine in my front pocket. But you see Im in the Philippines and we have this Election Gun Ban which started last January 12, 2010 up to June 12 this year. So gun is inside the safe in the house. :mad::mad::mad:

Glenn Dee

A 2" S&W model 10. (cosmetically challanged). Something I can shoot with both hands, a lethal, yet milder caliber ( noise in an enclosed vehical), and something I wont loose my mind over if stolen. (other than worrying about it being used against an innocent person.)

DanThaMan1776

You want something small, which can be maneuvered within the confines of a vehicle. That rules out lever gun, shotgun, and rifle. Next criteria is firepower (pun intended). You gotta put out the most power in a small package... i.e. an SMG or machine pistol. If you need to defend your vehicle from within it that means the engagement is going to be short range and controllability of the SMG won't be an issue.

Next choice is semi auto pistol.

Of course with both use good ammo and train train train then train some more.

TXGunNut

I guess we have different ideas of a car gun. I think a car gun should be a supplementary, fall-back weapon. Living in a free state I can and almost always do carry an adequate CCW but when things get ugly it's nice to have something big and mean to fall back to. Some days it's a bone-stock M&P 15, most days it's a Winchester Defender, also as issued except a buttstock ammo carrier.
Other days I just want to borrow Booker-T's ride and a case of ammo.
A rather upset individual once told me he was going to his truck to get his gun. I smiled and informed him that he was one step behind. If you gotta go get it, you're one step behind as well.

biohazurd

If i could easily and legally come across one then i think an smg would be ideal. But since they arnt available to law abiding citizens,(unless you have a swimming pool full of cash that is!) My .45 or my snub will do just fine....

jhenry

A suppressed Sterling SMG, just for panache.

Other than that, I have a Glock 23 on me or in the vehicle at all times.