What is the best bang for the buck 10mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwok

Best Bang for Buck

As noted by another booker_t-- it depends.
It can depend upon the Bang, or possibly the Bangee, or maybe its all about the Banger.

Anyway --
For MY shooting pleasure:
EAA Hunter Model -- a long barrel version of the EAA Witness weighing about 40 ounces.
* SA vice DA.
* Six inch barrel.
* Adjustable sights.
Between $1000 and $1100.
But then you need to budget $75+shipping for three magazines

For MY penny pinching:
Glock 20 or 20C
Less than $700 for my '20C with Adjustable sights' and mine came with Three Magazines at that price.
Purchased from a dealer selling to Military and Police Only so that may have been a good price.
I sure thought it wasn't a bad price.

I prefer the the Hunter with that extra half-pound of weight to shoot with full power 10mm rounds (and why buy a 10MM to shoot 40S+W).
But I found out that I also like the GLOCK, just not quite as much in 10MM, and will probably buy one in .45ACP.

David the Gnome

EAA Witness 10mm is the best "bang for the buck" 10mm. It also comes in a variety of styles to fit whatever use you want it for.

WitnessEliteStock.jpg

eaa_witness_steel_full.jpg

eaa_witness_steel_compact.jpg

eaa_witness_polymer_full.jpg

eaa_witness_polymer_compact.jpg

Brian48

cwok, I don't think "bang for buck" and "10mm" really belong in the same sentence. One guy's opinion.

Was thinking the same thing. The 10mm, like the .38super, is an enthusiasts cartridge. I can't think of any gun that really fits the "budget" role. All are fairly pricey.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
"Bang for the buck" doesn't mean "budget".

Budget is "cheap".

Bang for the buck is "most gun for the money". The cartridge of choice is irrelevant.

It is which gun give the best performance/features/options for the dollar.

The OP is a bit of a "mixed" question.

booker_t

Pizza; true.

Even within the 10mm chamberings, "best" bang for buck relies on intended use. Target shooting, hunting, self defense, law enforcement, show piece to impress your friends. :barf:

David the Gnome

I covered all that in my post :p. There's the target model at the top for match shooters, a full-size model for casual range shooters, a compact model for those looking to conceal carry, and then both of those in steel or polymer depending on what the shooter's preference may be. :D

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
If you're willing to spend $1200+ then you'd be very, VERY hard pressed to beat a custom Fusion.

If you want "cheap", I hear good things about EAA.

Those are the answers to the "two" questions of "Bang for the Buck" and "cheap".

crimsondave

I'm asking about the "cheapest" not "cheap." I've looked at the EAA, but don't know anything about it other than it's not terribly expensive. A 10mm 1911 would be nice, but they are real pricey.

vladan

Still don't understand why you ruled out the Glock - G20/29 is ONLY gun currently manufactured that was DESIGNED for 10mm, is inexpensive, reliable, virtually unbreakable, accurate and fun to shoot. Even tricked out with aftermarket barrel and 3.5LBS trigger you still miles ahead of the others brands except maybe for basic model witness
On top of that with G20/29 you can have conversion barrels for .40S&W, .357sig and 9x25dillon for around 100 bucks each and let me tell you, 9x25 is BLAST to shoot, pun intended :)

crimsondave

Still don't understand why you ruled out the Glock - G20/29 is ONLY gun currently manufactured that was DESIGNED for 10mm, is inexpensive, reliable, virtually unbreakable, accurate and fun to shoot. Even tricked out with aftermarket barrel and 3.5LBS trigger you still miles ahead of the others brands except maybe for basic model witness
On top of that with G20/29 you can have conversion barrels for .40S&W, .357sig and 9x25dillon for around 100 bucks each and let me tell you, 9x25 is BLAST to shoot, pun intended

Higher recoiling glocks do not function properly with my shooting style. Plus, I hate them.

Warchild

G20, end of discussion. It is beyond debate. Contest the superiority of Glock again and you're likely to cause a disturbance in the force..... what happens after that is still questionable but I for one choose to not find out.

cwok

Best bang 10MM

I repeat my comment about the EAA Hunter model - but added a picture extract of Website. At least I hope I did. I don't see the attached pic in the preview pane but I do see reference to it, so I hope it shows up.

EAA Hunter Blurb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.