What is the best 1911 9mm in a 4" frame?

rc

Kimbers are great!

Kimber pro carry II HD are a bit heavy but really ballance well and shoot well. I got a 38 super and it's great! My 9mm Kimber target has also been great. I wish I could get a colt 9mm commander in CA.

jimbob86

if you want a 9mm in a 1911 platform look at the Springfield Armory EMP, it was designed around the .40 and 9mm rounds and the whole thing is scaled down a little from a standard .45 frame, it has a 3.5" bull barrel and an alloy frame, will fit well in the commander holsters. Runs around $1000

I have an EMP .... love it. I'd love it more if it had a 4" or 4.5" barrel, a steel frame, and a different recoil spring set-up. Oh, and a threaded barrel, too.

The EMP was originally designed, as I understand it, around the .45GAP- the only dimension that really changed much was the grip was made smaller front to back than the standard 1911 needed to be to feed the longer .45ACP round. The height and width of the slide are the same as a standard 1911- they fit in the same holsters as 3" 1911's form other makers...... and it is a 3" barrel. A very thick 3" barrel, too- it kind of looks ridiculous when you take it apart .... the frame on the 9mm is aluminum alloy, the .40 has steel frame.

The 9 weighs just 26oz. empty, and is pretty loud and snappy, loaded with personal defense ammo .....

Ak40Reverend

Maybe a little pricey but I met a gentleman at the range carrying a Wilson Combat CQB. It was chambered in 38 super not 9mm and it was impressive to say the least and I do not impress easily. About 3 times the price of a regular 1911 though.