What has your SO 'confiscated' from your collection?

(BH)

i just mentioned this in another thread earlier, my wife has officially claimed my W.GERMAN SIG P226 9mm.

and what a shame..... that was my equivalent to an "old trusty". i love that sucker, but hey, at least she has a gun she is comfortable, competent, and actually pretty freakin good with.

i was glad to make the sacrifice......... sort of:(.

FrankenMauser

I bought my woman a Mossberg .243 (the one seen in the Pink and Purple Camo thread), which she quickly denounced as 'My rifle, not hers'.

A few months ago, I made the mistake of letting her go postal on a phone book with my Russian SKS. Now she says it is hers.

She bought herself a new 10/22, and me a Mosin M38. Soon after.... she laid claim to my Ruger M77 Mk II SS/Laminate in .270 Win.

So... she hates what I give her, takes what I love the most, and won't let me have her 10/22....

hexidismal

My SO really hasn't claimed any gun persay. She's not an anti by any means, and she has the right ideas in regards to rights and self defense .. but she's not an enthusiast either.

In a SHTF situation of any type though , she knows 'her gun' is the Kel-Tec Sub2000 in .40S&W. This though is actually more a matter of legality and practicality than one of preference.
Here in NY it's technically illegal for anyone without a pistol permit to even handle a handgun. So if there ever were a situation in which she needed a firearm for defensive purposes, even if it were happening in our own home, it could and likely would cause even further legal complications if she were to have used one of my handguns which are registered individually and specifically to my carry permit alone.

Beyond that, she's fairly small so the lightweight pistol caliber carbine is the obvious choice from among the long guns. Perhaps even more importantly though over weight and caliber is that it's the gun shes had the most experience with.

Last edited:

apr1775

So far my wife hasn't claimed any of mine as hers. When there's a gun she wants/needs, I take her shopping.

I used to have a Kel-tec 32auto that my mother fell in love with at first sight, it became hers in about five minutes.

martin08

The Exact Moment of Loss

I let my wife fire my Bersa T380 Gold last weekend.

The precise moment of loss was captured in this image. Silence, please (hand over heart).

camping_2009_018.jpg

hoytinak

I "loaned" out my LCP to a friend of mine to take her CHL class with and carry till she found something she liked better and now she just claims it as her own...guess I'll have to buy me another one for myself.

J.Smith

Easy fix for this fellas. Buy guns she can't shoot. My SO is about 5'1 95 pnds. My Colt Nightdefender she shot once and put it down same with the .357. If you buy guns in large calibers that kick you then most likely she'll stay away. She sticks with her LCP and leaves the big calibers to the boys.

THIS IN NO WAY MEANS I DONT THINK WOMEN CANT SHOOT BIG CALIBERS, JUST MY WAY OF KEEPING MY GUNS FROM MY CFO.

Drachenstein

My wife once explained it to me;" What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine".:rolleyes:

Doesn't care what I buy as long as she can shoot it when the fancy takes her, and I close and lock the safe behind me.:)

kyle663

mine has her own, but shoots any of mine she wants. what she did claim though was my polaris sportsman 400, when i traded for a 500 sportsman.

skydiver3346

She claimed:

My S&W model 60 in stainless steel. It was one of my favorite pistols and very accurate too. Nice Bianchi holster was with it too....

However, it paved the way for me to buy another gun I always wanted, a new S&W model 442, (without internal lock), cool.....

raftman

Went shooting in the woods with my girlfriend today, with a couple of commie guns, Nagant revolver and M44. The revolver may get confiscated by the sound of things... needless to say, there's no threat of the M44 being taken away. :D