What happened to me?

lowercase

I got a late start on revolvers, too.

I got most of these in the last year.

My safe is out of room. Maybe I should sell off some autos.
:)

revolverpic.jpg

rodfac

Gotta agree with those that love the 'six-shooters' (and some of the five-shooters as well)....I've been a revolver guy since Roy, Hoppy, and Tex rode the silver screens of my youth...but occasionally, just once in awhile; one of those pesky 1911's turns my head! Best Regards, Rod

Grant D

Thanks lowercase, now I dont feel so bad about all the ones I've bought this year! LOL!
Is the one at the bottom right a S&W I frame??

lowercase

Thanks lowercase, now I dont feel so bad about all the ones I've bought this year! LOL!
Is the one at the bottom right a S&W I frame??

You're welcome! :)

The small revolver on the bottom right is a 1st generation (1960s) Charter Arms Undercover .38. It is in beautiful condition and I picked it up at a gun store for 200 bucks. I figure it spent its entire life in someone's sock drawer. It's a great little shooter and is very accurate.

At that price and that condition, I couldn't afford to pass it up.

Here's a pic:

undercoverb.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff #111

The old Charter Arms revolver. I have several gun magazines from the late sixties and early seventies. The Charter Arms products certainly got a lot of press back then. Lots of coverage and a fair amount of advertising on the part of the company. Interesting. And that's a good looking little revolver there.

FLChinook

This does not bode well for me at all... I just bought my first revolver this week (pre-27; still waiting to take delivery) and my gun safe is mostly full. Of course, I can always get rid of the Wills, old family photo albums, etc and make room for another revolver or two...

Here's a question, do I have to store all my ammo in my gun safe? It would hold LOTS more guns if the ammo weren't all in there :confused:

FLChinook

I don't. I've got ammo all over the house

Maybe this concept deserves its own thread. I have grandkids visiting from time to time and some of them have a bent for trying to see how everything works. When they visit, I always put all my guns in the safe (most live there but I have some out for obvious reasons :eek:).

I wonder how many of our forum members control ammo access as well...

Baba Louie

Rationalization? or Reality...

I'm just too old & lazy to bend over and police my brass; so, at times, for moi, wheelguns work just fine... just fine. ;)

Jeff #111

Nice collection you have there coolbreezy. Should be interesting to see what you have in another ten or twenty years. Enjoy.

NO-BODY

lowercase I am going to get one of those NAA 22LR REVOLVERS. Is this something that you use often? Seems like a pocket knife, something you should have with you every day.

lowercase

lowercase I am going to get one of those NAA 22LR REVOLVERS. Is this something that you use often? Seems like a pocket knife, something you should have with you every day.

I've had my NAA .22lr for 10 years now. It truly is the little gun that you can always have with you, and is like a pocket knife in that regard. It is great for pocket carry, and you lower the hammer on a notch between rounds for safe carrying. One interesting thing about the gun is that it will ride in the "pocket watch" pocket on the right side of blue jeans like it is a small holster.

I've never regretted buying my NAA .22.

lc

ThisIsMySig

Same exact thing happened to me. I started owning three bottom feeders and like others got real tired of chasing my brass all over the range. Besides, the few times I've gone to an indoor range, I found that retrieving my brass to be way too hard.

My first revolver was a Heritage Arms 32 H&R magnum. Those little rounds are really sweet and produce a satisfying amount of recoil and noise.

Second revolver was a S&W Governor. Another fun gun to shoot even though the recoil is huge.

I'm now eyeballing a Ruger 357/9mm convertible with a 6.5" barrel. Man that should be nice.

Every time I tell my wife that this gun will be the last one I'll buy, another one pops up on my radar. So far I've told her that five times. :rolleyes: