What gun do you keep in your truck?

Mannlicher

I take a long gun often in the truck. .30 M1 Carbine, or one of my AR rifles. I don't keep one in the truck though, if I am not using the truck.
I am partial to a pump Mossberg 20 GA shotgun as well.

Mannlicher

corneileous
Hey, those Subarus are badass. My mom had and ole 87 GL 3-door hatchback back in the day and that thing was a beast. Lock it down in four-wheel and you almost couldn’t get that thing stuck.

I have pulled many a Subaru out of the sand and mud in the Ocala and Osceola NF. That AWD just doesn't cut it when really off road. lol

corneileous

corneileous

I have pulled many a Subaru out of the sand and mud in the Ocala and Osceola NF. That AWD just doesn't cut it when really off road. lol

I have no idea about the new ones but that old 87 my mom had wasn’t that way. 5-speed stick with the four wheel drive shifter on the floor with none of that traction and stability control stuff to get in your way. It was pretty nimble. You could push snow with the front bumper if it was deep enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TunnelRat

corneileous

My experience is most vehicles, AWD or 4WD, are more capable than most people are competent. My experience with Subarus is they are good vehicles (I own one), but the drivers are often over cautious or crazy. I live in the Northeast and most Subaru drivers in the winter are either driving 15 MPH with the barest of dustings on the road or barreling passed you at 80 MPH. In this article 3/10 of the most at fault accidents by car model are Subarus.

https://www.torquenews.com/1084/10-car-models-most-accidents-subaru-now-has-three-top-5

Again I own one and I think they’re capable, but people are another story.

shurshot

"I live in the Northeast and most Subaru drivers in the winter are either driving 15 MPH with the barest of dustings on the road or barreling passed you at 80 MPH."

That is my observation as well, but for most drivers in the Northeast, regardless of vehicle brand.

That 87 Subaru was a completely different animal than today's Subarus.

That was a true 4-wheel drive, not all wheel drive, with a FWD - 4WD Low - 4WD High selector.

It was also rated at a stunning 90... horsepower...

Today's Subaru drivetrain, while HIGHLY capable, isn't a true off-road drive train.

That said, we're straying far off topic.

corneileous

That 87 Subaru was a completely different animal than today's Subarus.

That was a true 4-wheel drive, not all wheel drive, with a FWD - 4WD Low - 4WD High selector.

It was also rated at a stunning 90... horsepower...

Today's Subaru drivetrain, while HIGHLY capable, isn't a true off-road drive train.

That said, we're straying far off topic.

It wasn’t a powerhouse by no means but it still got up went.

dgludwig

If you really want a good lock place, the floor boxes in late model Rams is pretty innovative because the rear floor mats cover them up. They even make steel lock boxes to go in them.

Trouble is; my rifle won't fit in there. :)

corneileous

Trouble is; my rifle won't fit in there. :)

But, there is a rear seat mod for those Rams that allows you to fold the seat-backs down to stash stuff behind the seat. I don’t know about a lockable container but definitely room to fit a rifle.