What deal do you most regret passing up?

C.R.Sam

Mod 36 J frame, 3"bbl. Local gun show, I looked at and checked it out, then had to think about it. Asking was 175. Came back a few minutes later, gone. Old n slow Scot slow to spend.

Sam, follow me, the road is right over that next ridge.

Correia

Forgot about this one, used 6906, excellent condition, looked like it had hardly been shot. $250. It was on the for sale board at school, I hesitated, somebody else bought it. And sure enough they sold it to the local gun store, who was then selling it for $400. Arrrghhh

------------------
Ordering deadline for TFL shirts & hats is July 29, don't miss out. www.thefiringline.com:8080/forums/showthread.php?threadid=37865

loknload

In 1976 or 1977 I was in my favorite gun emporium of the time and on the rifle rack was a beautiful M1 Garand. Some old guy brought it in to be sold, deceided he didn't want it anymore. He had bought it home from the war.
The guy was asking $450.00. Stupid Stupid Me, I left this one pass :eek: After I thought about it and went back, You guessed it, It was gone :( . I made up for it later though with my $75. 1911A1 Remington Rand ,Didn't leave that one pass :D

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

jlflegal

Colt Mustang II in the paper for $300. Original owner, had the box, hardly fired. It seemed like too much so I said I wanted to think about it overnight. Called the next afternoon to take it-someone had just left with it!

Monkeyleg

I had a 1969 Jaguar XKE that I restored to a trophy car. Ten years ago I had offers sight unseen for $45,000 for the car, but I didn't want to sell. A client of mine had three Colt SAA's from the 1880's, all them nickel, factory engraved, with papers and in 90% or better condition. He offered to trade me the guns for the car, but I turned him down.

Two months ago I sold the car for $20,000 :(

Dick
Want to send Bush a message? Sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/monk.petition.html and forward the link to every gun owner you know.

deanf

I once had a chance to buy the only gun ever fired in anger in the history of the Normandy Park Police Department. Some .357 revolver. Oh, the history.

The same guy wanted to sell me an HK P9S in .45 ACP. A very cool pistol, but I couldn't afford it.

------------------
"Anyone feel like saluting the flag which the strutting ATF and FBI gleefully raised over the smoldering crematorium of Waco, back in April of ‘93?" -Vin Suprynowicz

Richard

About 20 years ago I could have bought a Manurhin 22lr target pistol, the one that is on a pp frame, for $350. I tried everyway possible but I couldn't afford the pistol. I finally called the dealer, he still had the pistol, and told him it was worth $800 plus. This is the deal I kick myself most for.

Another one was a S&W Russian in good condition for $450. This was last year. I was out of state and it would have been a hastle to ship it back.

I hope you are happy now that you have brought up memories that I prefer to forget.

Regards,

Richard

taco

Back in 1996 while living in Poland I was offered $200 for Russian AK-74 rifle, $220 for AK-74S, $100 for Polish AK-47, $100 for Tokarov, Mokarov or Radom pistol, etc. I passed on those deals... didn't want to go to Polish prison :(