What .22 To Get?

gb_in_ga

I'd suggest adding the S&W 422/622/2206, etc series, if you can find one. I've got a 6" 422 that my wife really likes, it became "hers", if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, they've been out of production for a while, so used is the only way to get them. They are generally considered to be superior to the 22A which replaced them.

chlor

i was recently in your position as well. all these different types of .22 autos but no clear answer. for me, i didn't want to deal with a problem gun, so that eliminated the p22 for me as i've read it has numerous problems. i wanted it to be accurate, so that eliminated a few more. i went with the browning buck mark over the ruger cos i liked the grip and angle of the grip much better on the browning. also, the trigger is the best i've ever felt.

this my new Buck Mark Contour 5.5. The ultragrip on it is perfect and i love the full length rail as well as the barrel styling on it. ala desert eagle almost...

buy whatever feels good in your hands and has a record of being reliable!

http://www.teamvicks.com/spyv/bm.jpg

r.w. schrack

P-22

I have owned a P-22 for a while put about 1500 rds thru it, Had some little problems , Barrel nut came loose, fix used blue loc-tite on it, First 500 rounds got jam with 44a mag but that problem went away on its own??? It might feel like a barbie doll pistol but, I would not want to be in front of it. Works well with the hot .22 ammo, also works fine with Wally World greem box Remington. Do not shoot lead bullets thru it. Reggie

P-990

All .22LR bullets are soft lead, some are just coated with a copper wash, which I assume is inteded to reduce fouling or similar.

Anyway, I really, really like the Mark III Hunter except I feel the barrel is over-long. I'm thinking of going with a standard Mark II with one of the shorter barrel lengths. It's a great pistol that I know, the triggers can be cleaned up well and once a few thousand rounds have gone through them, some will even function on standard velocity ammo.

topspin43

This one...

attachment.php

Buckmark Camper... plus red dot, and box of ammo (550) and all fees under $300.

CraigJS

If grip size is a real problem, at least look at a Beretta Neos.. Small grip size, not very pricey. The deluxe 6" that I had was reliable, decently accurate, etc.
Others have much better trigger pulls out of the box, but the Neos's trigger can be fixed if you put in some effort..