What 1911, .45 ACP magazines to buy?

Robk

My Springlield hated the original maga and the extra McCormick shooing stars I purchased as extras. Bought Tripp CObra mags and replaced the other mag springs with Tripp Research parts and it all works. Mine you, the springs on the Springlield mag and Shooting Star were far from broken in, never mind worn.

Some 1911 like or dislike a certian magazine, no particluar reason, just happens.

SO...

+1 Tripp Cobra Mags

TBT

Kimpro Tac-Mag.

Awesome quality at a great price. I think I paid $16 a piece a couple years ago when I bought a dozen. Couldn't be happier.

dakota1911

You do have to clean, inspect, and lube the mags also. I know. It comes with owning any pistol. You clean lube and inspect the cylinder of any revolver you own right?

Brian48

Never had any major issues with Checkmates, but I've noticed that the recent lot seem to have feed lips that are overly wide. Chip McCormick Power Mags are my current favorite right now.

curmudgeon1

I have a couple of these: shiny, smooth operating, with a very stable follower.

W. C. Wolff Company is pleased to offer our 8 round magazine for 1911 & Commander series pistols. These magazines are custom made for us and have a Wolff extra power magazine spring installed assuring reliable feeding for all types of shooting. Wolff 8 round magazines are available in a durable black finish only and incorporate a button-type locking basepad. With the Wolff logo on the side, you know that you have a genuine Wolff magazine and genuine Wolff performance.