Well, I guess I failed...

bottom rung

WHOA!!!!!! What do you mean that you can't get anyone to go shooting with you?! We are talking AZ here. I mean you fellers are supposed to be tearing the desert up with FMJ. Up here in CT, there is no shortage of people who want to go shooting. We have one public outdoor shooting range that is on the brink of closing thanks to lawsuits. We have two public indoor ranges. There are tons of private rod and gun clubs all across the state. If you want to shoot regularly, you definetly have to join a club. I did. When I shoot by myself, and I have to walk out to the 200 yard berm, I usually carry my gun with me. I haven't been caught doing so, but I don't like leaving my stuff alone either. As for your shooting, good job. Even though your shots weren't in the fancy triangle that target would be in a world of hurt if it were more than paper. The VZ-58 is a great gun. Keep spreading pics of the VZ-58 around and we might actually see some guys buy the 7.62x39 semi auto rifle that actually shoots good, instead of an AK. Steve

Composer_1777

a Reflex sight is meant for close range, you need a scope if you want the rifle for long range use. I am a noob but i tried a red dot out past 100 yrds, i'd rather have iron sights that far out dude. scope it up

armoredman

Sorry, Composer, the EOtech is what I have, no scopes. I just wanted to see how well it would do in that setup, and it's pleases. :) I might be getting a CZ 527 soon, so maybe I'll scope that.:cool:
Bottom Rung, haven't found one out here yet, but I know a lot of shooters - we just have differant schedules. I could carry the rifle with me, not a huge problem when the range is empty, it just feels wrong from my RO days. :eek: